How Can I Help Get Best Results After Smartlip?

i am 1 week post op and i was told that i needed a tummy tuck but i choose not to have it (to invasive). Now i can see that the fat i had on my lower ab is still over hanging is there anything i can do to help

Abdominal skin tightening

+3

The answer is not really.  I offer a modality called SkinTyte that uses infrared energy to cause tissue contraction and it is really the best of the best technology out there.  That being said, by the time you are even approaching results that you could expect with a well executed tummy tuck or abdominoplasty you are spending near the same amount of money.  This is why I usually steer people with your concerns toward surgery even though I have a 250.000 piece of technology sitting in my office.  If you are dead oposed to surgery I would suggest SkyinTyte but the results are not as good and it does get expensive.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Liposuction Proves A Tummy Tuck Is Really Needed

+2

The only thing you can do now is to continue to wear your compression garment and hope that the skin will shrink more as the swelling goes down. It will take as least six weeks to see the final result. The reality is that if you were told you needed a tummy tuck before your liposuction, the result will probably ultimately prove that statement to be even more true. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Liposuction and tummy tuck

+2

If the skin was loose before surgery, it most likely wil be looser oncer the swelling goes down.  If you needed a tummy tuck before your liposuction than you more than likely will need it after liposuction.

SmartLipo when a Tummy Tuck was Recommended, what now?

+1

The first question I have in my mind is whether your practitioner was a certified plastic surgeon because personally I would not have agreed to perform SmartLipo if I really believed you needed a tummy tuck to solve your issues. A tummy tuck is needed when you have loose skin that is no longer resilient. To perform SmartLipo on regular fat with healthy skin, you will see skin shrinkage that will tighten up the skin around the areas the fat is removed. But I haven't seen any data that suggests it can shrink skin that is already loose, especially after you remove the fat under that skin.

Wear your compression garments religiously, don't smoke or drink alcohol while you heal and then hope you get the best result you can.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon