Surgeon Won't Do More Than 250cc Left-150cc Right. Covered by NHS, But Would Like Bigger? (photo)

Hi, I am in a very difficult situation I got funding from the NHS in London, so they will pay for my treatment..my surgeon 1st said peri mastopexy and when i saw her last week she now said "might have to do a llolipop scar" in the first consultation she said 300CC-200CC now she says as big as i could possibly go is 150cc-250cc (she reckons i have 100cc diff) i feel powerless bc it's free, and i'm scared i will still be flat chested..i'd love a 32D Stats - 28in band -33in breast - 32A -5'5- 109lb

Achieving Goals with Breasts Augmentation?

+2

Regardless of the source of funding, your first goal with breast augmentation should be to achieve the results you are looking for. I would suggest you communicate with your plastic surgeon again;  you should feel comfortable that she understands your goals. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication.

I am assuming your plastic surgeon's  goal is to end up with patients who are pleased with the results of surgery;  don't be afraid to communicate these goals carefully. If you still have concerns/reservations about your plastic surgeon's ability to achieve your goals,  seeking additional consultation may be indicated.

Prior to making any decisions about  choice of plastic surgeon for your procedure, make sure you see lots of examples of patients with similar breast asymmetry  who your plastic surgeon has helped reach their goals.

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

The size of the implant that is most appropriate depends on the anatomy of your breasts. Every implant has a specific base diameter and projection. A larger implant may be appropriate if you have adequate base width of your breasts, tissue stretch, and soft tissue coverage, all of which is determined during a physical exam. A mastopexy limited to the areola vs circumvertical depends on skin laxity and position of the nipple-areola in relation to the left breast. A staged procedure may also be an option for you in which a tissue expander is placed in the left side to gradually increase the breast size over time followed by a secondary augmentation once the desired over-expansion is achieved. You should talk to your physician again if you are scared or concerned. Good luck with your surgery.

Charles A. Messa III, MD