Need Help Please! Labiaplasty about 3 Weeks Ago, Scars are Healing but Have a Huge Knob of Skin?

Need Help Please!! ): I had labiaplasty on April 30th, about three weeks ago....the scars look like they are healing well but I have a huge knob of skin on my left side under my cl**t ...i am terrified because it looks nasty and gross :\ ... Will it go away??? I regrettt having this surgery!! That knob of skin makes my vajayjay look worst then before !!

Labiaplasty

+1

It's a bit early to make any decisions about your results.  Wait at least 3 months to judge your results, although it will take at least a year to see your final results.  You should see your plastic surgeon to discuss your current concerns.  Also, if you post a picture, we can better advise you.

Recovery and swelling after labiaplasty

+1

The swelling in the labia and around the labia are usually quite normal.  I would discuss ways to massage the swelling down with your surgeon without compromising the sutures.  I think this should be fine. Raffy Karamanoukian, MD Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Recovering from a labiaplasty

+1

can be quite alarming as you wonder why you did this in the first place.  However, if you had significant concerns, you should be much better once everything heals.  And if things aren't as good as you expected them to be, such as a persistent knob of skin, you should discuss these issues with your doctor and if obvious, revisions can always be done in pursuit of perfection.  Hopefully your doctor has a good revision policy in case you need it done.   Let your surgeon know your concerns as you meet in follow-up and voice your concerns if they do not resolve.

Curtis Wong, MD

Uneven healing

+1

good afternoon!

It can be very worrisome when healing does not go as expected but fear not- swelling can subside at different rates.  Be patient and let your PS know your concerns- communication is key to a trouble free recovery. In the majority of cases these type of things tend to resolve on their own over time.

Robert Steely, MD

Knob of skin 3 weeks after labiaplasty

+1

You are still very early after surgery. The swelling will take up to four months to go away and almost certainly will improve with time. If you sill have a large knob under your clitoris after four months and had a trimming technique, the knob may be the abrupt end of your frenulum, which is the fold from your clitoris.  This can be revised with reconstructive surgery.  I published the only article on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about two years ago, so a revision is certainly possible if needed.

Gary J. Alter, MD

Labiaplasty recovery

+1

Most of your swelling should be gone after 2 weeks.  As with any surgery that tries to tighten skin, such as with your labiaplasty, if you had prolonged swelling or bruising in a certain area, you may still have the appearance of excess skin in that area.  That is why small revisions after any procedure can be very important to get the best result possible.  It sounds like it is something your surgeon can help you with.  If the "knob" doesn't go down, your surgeon should be able to do a very small trim in that location to make it look more like what you would consider normal.  Labia tissue appears very different from person to person and is usually slightly or even very asymmetric.   Hopefully you are happy that the tissues are trimmed and stay tucked inside and will make an appointment to have your surgeon evaluate your healing.

Angela Keen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon