Should I get moderate or moderate plus for the most natural looking breasts? (photo)

Hello Doctors! I am looking to get a BA done and want a truly natural look. Very little upper pole, a bit of sagginess even, soft, not circular.. etc. I don't care about projection at all, I love the look of breasts that touch and have that soft W look. ( look at photos for what I am talking about) What is the best choice for me? I would like to go pretty big and I was thinking 490/500 cc silicone moderate implants. Thoughts?

BBA

+1
You need to be examined in person to determine the best size for you.  Please see a BC PS in your area.

Choosing a profile

+1
Thank you for your question.  My best advice to you would be to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and to bring the examples you have posted.  Having an exam and then a discussion about your goals with your surgeon will help you in making the best profile choice.  Best of luck!

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Not Happy Enough

+1
Dear Happy Girl,
Perhaps, you are not happy enough?  Since you are breast feeding currently, it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell what procedures you will require to achieve your goal of soft "W" breasts.  Your breasts need to return to a non-lactating state for 3-6 months.  Then, you should obtain a consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and options.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Natural appearing breast augmentation

+1
I think it is so hard to picture what you might look like with an augmentation and make sure that it is natural and soft.  I like to use 3D imaging in the office (this is free with a consultation) to try on different size (and profile) implants and see what it looks like on your body!  Best of luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Moderate plus or Mid-range implants give the best shape

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You appear to be a very good candidate for breast augmentation surgery. I feel that the Moderate-plus or Mid-range profile implants give the best contour and shape. They should be able to accomplish what you are looking for. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

James McMahan, Columbus plastic surgeon

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the best implant profile for yourself

+1

You must know a lot about this!  it seems like you know exactly what you are looking for.  

I think to achieve what you want, I would recommend the form stable ( gummy-bear implants), or the moderate profile implants,  Both implants will give you the smallest upper pole, slightly more lower pole, and with the implant size you are talking about, good cleavage, maybe a little of "side-boob".  Whether or not you will have some natural sag or not depends on how you are right now.

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Profile

+1
Thank you for this question. It's difficult to say with a self taken picture online- an in-person exam is the best way to proceed. See your local board-certifed PS. Show him/her what you are looking for and have a frank discussion about what is appropriate for your body type and goals. See several opinions until you are comfortable with a proposed plan. Best wishes!

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Should I get moderate or moderate plus for the most natural looking breasts?

+1

Thank you for the question. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or "pretty big" or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.