Talked Into Vbeam To Revise TT Scar- It Looks Worse. Will It Improve?

Recently saw derm for tt scar and it was so confusing said try everything from kenalog shots to bleaching creams then he used vbeam laser across my tt scar - i had 2 laser tx before that seemed to help, but this time i have big welts and bruises across the scar and i am concerned. Can vbeam cause scars or will this go away? Also the long scar looks indented right now where it seemed flush with my skin before! My ps did a great closure but i was talked into vbeam for slight redness help!

Vein Treatment

+1

The discoloration is temporary with the VBeam.  Things should improve about a month after the treatment, provided settings were reasonable.  The VBeam is a reference level device and is the standard by which all others are judged so the equipment is sound, the question is how you responded.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pulsed dye laser for scars

+1

V Beam is a pulsed dye laser.  Pulsed dye laser treatment usually helps with red, raised scars.  Multiple sessions are usually required for best results.  Treatment with pulsed dye laser typically causes purpura (bruising) that can last about a week before resolving.   It would be unlikely for pulsed dye laser treatment to cause a scar.    If you have concerns about how it is healing, you should go back to see your dermatologist. 

Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars

+1

It sounds that you wanted some improvement in your scar. So you saw a dermatologist, discussed kenalog, ther modalities and V beam. WHY, you were happy with your plastic surgeon whay not discuss it with your surgeonwho did a good job?

Now you have some issues, return to your plastic surgeon and  discuss your options