HELP PLEASE! Am I a Good Candidate for Back, Muffin Top, and Arm Liposuction?

I'm 20 yrs & have lost about 40 pounds but my back fat never responds to the weight loss. I want to fit and look better in my clothes! My back fat bulges out of everything I wear and also my muffin top. Its hard to find bras that won't make it look worse.

You are not alone! Back fat is stubborn to lose!

+1

Kudos on your recent weight loss!  I often find that if you carried the majority of the weight that you lost in your mid-section for an extended length of time, the skin of the back, flanks and abdomen can get stretched out and thickened over time.  I would be curious to know if that is the case for you.  The only way to determine this is to have an evaluation with your cosmetic surgeon.  If the basic cause of the back fat and muffin top is truly involving excess fat as opposed to loose, thickened skin, then liposuction can be a viable option, yielding good results.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Are you a good candidate for liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss! Unfortunately, without photos of yourself, your question is difficult to answer.  In general, liposuction is indicated for patients who are within a few pounds of their ideal body weight and who have maintained that weight loss for about six months.  After that, excess fatty (adipose) tissue can be successfully removed via liposuction for contouring but this should never be considered a weight loss surgery.  I would strongly recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Am I a good candidate for liposuction?

+1

Congratulations on your significant weight loss. You unfortunatele did not include any photos and you do not state how close you are to your ideal weight. I personally almost always do arm liposuction with the back and muffin tops to give a well balanced result.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+1

It would be difficult to comment without more information and some photos.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                    Los Angeles, CA                                                                                                                       

Liposuction multiple areas

+1

From what you describe you may be a candidate for liposuction of these areas. Generally any area that is fatty and does not respond to weight loss may be suctioned. The end result will depend on multiple factors including amount and quality of skin, amount of fibrous tissue, and the skill of the surgeon. In most areas the skin will shrink up well especially if you are younger. These results should be permanent.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon