I Had my BA/BL at the Beginning of March and I Have a Uni-boob? (photo)

I had my BA/BL about 5 weeks ago. I have 600cc silicone implants in both breasts. I had a lot of swelling at first but it has gone down significantly. The area in-between my breast remains swollen, I do not have a valley between them it is full with very slight indention. I look like I have one large uni-boob. How long does this last and what can I do to help the definition come along. Thank you.

Uniboob? #breastimplants

+2

It is hard to know without seeing what you looked like before surgery. It does not appear that you have what we call symmastia or the uni-boob. You can still have some degree of swelling between the breasts that will get better.

I Had my BA/BL at the Beginning of March and I Have a Uni-boob?

+2

Photos are NOT nude frontal so very hard to be sure you do have an uni boob! Best to re post better photos or seek IN person Second opinions. 

+2

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos. Unfortunately, without pre-op photos it is a bit difficult to comment on these. I would not say definitively that there is symmastia (uniboob) based upon the info in this posting, but there might be. It appears that there may be some separation between the implants, but only a physical exam can determine that. In some women the breasts are naturally close together, and implants may make them seem moreso, especially in the early post-op period. 

There isn't really anything effective to speed up the resolution of the swelling. If it turns out that there is symmastia, the only treatment is surgical, and often requires using smaller implants and surgery to alter the pockets that is customized to each case.

Follow with your surgeon. Consider adding preop photosl

All the best. 

Uni-boob/symmastia?

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures.  

It is difficult to tell from your pictures exactly what is going on.  An exam and photos without clothing are really needed.  If you have concerns, it is important to see your surgeon and discuss this with him/her.  

In general, symmastia will not resolve on it's own.  It will require revision surgery via a variety of techniques.  Best to discuss this with your surgeon.  

Good luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after breast augmentation and lift

+1

Swelling after surgery is common. As for your concern regarding swelling in cleavage, it is very difficult to assess from those photos.

Breast abnormalities following augmentation. Noted unibreast on examination.

+1

It is difficult to determine whether you have symmastia( unibreast) or not from your photos.  This is considered a surgical misjudgement if indeed there is no separation between the breasts.  In my experience this will not get better with taping between the breasts, using a certain type of bra, etc.  There are surgical corrections for this condition, but it often involves downsizing the implants, creating new pockets to place the new implants, using ADM allografts to separate the two breasts, as well as other surgical maneuvers.  You will need to ask your Plastic Surgeon about this.  If you have any concerns about this, get a second opinion.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Hard to tell from the photos if you have a uniboob

+1

Your description sounds like a uniboob, also known as synmastia.  Photos of the breasts without the bra would be more helpful.   Before surgery photos would also help identify whether there are any issues related to your native anatomy.  Assuming that this is synmastia, wearing a synmastia bra (sometimes called a thong bra) may help.  Swelling will continue to decrease with time and the implants will "settle".  Revisionary surgery may be needed, but it is probably too early to tell.  I suggest you talk with your surgeon sooner rather than later to determine whether there is a concern and what else might be needed.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

"Uni-boob” after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures but if you are able to post pictures without the compressive effects of clothing, you will be able to receive more precise advice. Generally speaking, if you are experiencing a breast implant malposition/displacement problem, it will “last” forever ( or until revisionary breast surgery is performed to “repair” the breast implant pockets; capsulorraphy techniques).

Of course, you may also be seeing your own native skin and breast tissue ( natural anatomy) as opposed to  a true breast implant displacement problem (symmastia).

I look forward to doing an additional post with “unobstructed” pictures.