Help I Hate my New Nose. Can I Fully Reverse my Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty one month ago with an excellent doctor in ny to slim my bridge, however I feel that my nose is too thin, my bridge is too high and sit between my eyes and my nose is too pointy. How swelling do I have left? I am so scared kuz i heard they said my nose will get smaller. Can i reverse it????What can I do kuz I am going crazy. Please help

Early Results of Ethnic Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Sweetb, at one month out from ethnic rhinoplasty surgery there is still quite a bit of swelling. About 70-80% of the swelling will settle down around 2-3 months out from surgery. So you can gauge it from there. Try and be patient as the healing process continues. Perhaps you are just adjusting psychologically to the overall change that has been made to your face. You should also communicate openly with your rhinoplasty surgeon. If a revision is ultimately indicated, you should wait 1-2 years before entertaining this option. You will likely not want to reverse the procedure entirely, but may wish to make further adjustments. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can Rhinoplasty Be Reversed?

+1

Hi Sweet b,

Best to be patient and wait for all of your healing and swelling to resolve.  You should discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon.  If you are still very unhappy at one year after your rhinoplasty, then you may consider revision rhinoplasty.  It is difficult to completely restore your original nose, but with advanced techniques it can be improved.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Hate your new nose

+1

Very sorry that you are so worried. One month is too early to assume the worse. Meet with your surgeon and be honest with your concerns and you can work together to come up with a plan for the future.

James B. Lowe III, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Help I Hate my New Nose. Can I Fully Reverse my Rhinoplasty?

+1

Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the look after your Rhinoplasty.  IMHO, it's best for you to have this discussion with your Rhinoplasty Surgeon as only he/she knows what exactly was done to the nose during the Rhinoplasty.  This become important because if bone was fractured/removed or cartilage was removed, these are not reversible to get your exact nose back.  That nose would be gone forever.  Give yourself some time to heal and become adjusted to the new nose and recall the reasons that you sought out and agreed to have Rhinoplasty in the first place.  

Rhinoplasty and "buyer's remorse"

+1

At one month after surgeyr your nose is still very swollen. It is not uncommon for some individuals to feela  bit remorseful about going through the process. Give it time.

Rhinoplasty regrets

+1
Planning is the key to avoid disappointment or even panic after rhinoplasty. Even if your surgeon is the 'best', if you both are not on the same page then the result is open to chance. You just might be able to reverse changes after rhinoplasty, but a better option is to let things fully heal, and then see how a revision might neaten things up if you must.

Rhinoplasty Results

+1

At one month, it is too early to get worried.  You are correct that there is likely swelling to resolve and the shape may slightly change as you heal.  If you find that you want to augment your nose in the future, you may want to consider fillers such as Juvederm or Radiesse which can help increase the dorsum and tip.  However, once again, I would recommend being patient as you are very early post op.  Also, hopefully you can discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

You should wait at least a few more months before considering a revision, maybe even a year.  The reason for this is two fold 1) yes you still have swelling and your nose should be evaluated when this gone prior to making any decisions about revision 2) if you have a revision and are still swollen the second surgery will have a smaller probability of satisfying you.  A tip that is too small or pinched can certainly be improved and a high bridge as well.