I Hate my New Implants! I Feel Huge! I Want Smaller Ones ASAP - 4 Weeks Post BA. What Can I Do?

I had my breast augmentation on April 27th 2012 and I feel HUGE! at first I chose 325-350cc and then asked my PS to be a medium to a full C and he recommended 400-425cc based on my frame... I tried them on and felt huge but trusted him... he did a beautiful job I can't complain but I feel huge! I am depressed and I hide my new boobs I feel embarrassed with this huge implants, plus I read that 400cc gives a D cup!!! I want them changed ASAP for the 325cc. Stats 5'3' 123 pounds under muscle. HELP!

Size Concerns

+2

Sorry to hear about your distress. You are still early in the healing process and your breasts are swollen. Give them some time to settle in. Continue to communicate clearly but calmly your concerns to the surgeon during postoperative care. If you remain after you heal, then you can consider a revision. 

Implants too large?

+2

The more common complaint after augmentation is patients who are happy right after surgery but then, when the swelling is gone, are disappointed and wish they were as big as they were right after surgery. The few patients that I have had who were unhappy right after surgery ("What did you do to me?!?") eventually were among my happiest patients with their size. So give yourself time. With that said, you may still feel you want smaller implants after the swelling is gone, but I would still recommend waiting until then (which will be at least 4-6 mo) before going ahead with any revisionary surgery. Good luck.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Implant issues

+2

First, your implants are still too high. They are also still probably very swollen. You have to give them time to settle down.

I hate my new implants

+2

Many will feel too big right after breast augmentation, and for most a wait to see how things settle in is the best course. Your photo does indeed show an implant which is very full for your frame and slender waist and my bet too would be on the smaller implants. Your surgeon will likely not support an early exchange and you might need another opinion to set things straight.

Implants too large

+2
Take a deep breath and try to remember that the breasts appear to be quite swollen. When the swelling goes down and the implants drop a little, you may be much happier with the result. Many patients have implant remorse--too large, too small, too something. Forget about some article about cup size and focus on how they look and how you feel. A month from now you may be happy and this occurs frequently enough that I encourage you not to rush back into the OR. Be open with your plastic surgeon about your concerns and, if you continue to be unhappy, then discuss swapping out the implants. Good luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Wait three to four months before considering revision

+1
Generally, you should wait at least three to four months before considering revision surgery. Your breasts have not settled yet and when they do, they will take on a more natural breast contour. Swelling will also need to subside.   

Jerome Edelstein, MD