Help Gaps and Turned Teeth

Help.I'm 22 years old and I have had a gap in front of my teeth since I can remember The teeth beside the front have gaps too and almost resemble canine teeth.I think because they are turned.The tooth on the right of my front teeth that is crooked didn't grow in until I was 19 and the baby tooth was lost around the same time as the adult one grew In.I am not sure what to do.This is a big insecurity for me and I wasn't to know what steps may be the most affordable and If I would need braces.

The Fix for Missing Teeth

+1

The reason those teeth resemble canine teeth is because they are canine teeth :) It looks like you are missing your lateral incisors, which is a fairly common tooth to be missing.

The good news is you have different options available:

• Your orthodontist can close all the spaces, so that your dentist can reshape the canines to look like your lateral incisors.

• Your orthodontist can make spaces so that your dentist can replace your laterals with either implants or bridges.

There are pros and cons to each choice and your orthodontist and dentist can discuss them with you to help you decide on the best treatment.

Allentown Orthodontist

Correcting gaps and turned teeth

+1

It looks like you are congenitally missing your lateral incisors-- ie the teeth next to your front incisors--  There are numerous options to correct the gaps and missing teeth but the best way is to get braces and open the spaces up for implants and crowns for the missing teeth.  You can also close the space and reshape the canine teeth to look like lateral incisors but it never looks very good.  You should go see an orthodontist and get a consultation to find out the best plan-- Hope that helps!!

Scott Vincent, DMD, MS
Sandy Orthodontist