Help for Neck That Doesn't Sag but Looks "Crepey" and Has Lost Elasticity?

My neck skin doesn't sag yet and has good tone/structure, but looks "crepey" when I pinch it or twist it. What should I do for the loss of elastiity?

TCA peels for Skin Not Amenable to Neck Lift

+1

TCA peels and possibly laser resurfacing may be appropriate in patients with less skin pigmentation.

Options for crepey neck skin

+1

are many as you can see from the answers provided.  I would suggest you make sure you understand if there is any revision policy or assurances you will achieve the results that you desire.  Many technologies out there promise a lot but deliver minimal results.  So make sure you understand what will happen if nothing appreciable occurs.  Many treatments will take several sessions to achieve a visible result as neck skin is very sensitive.

Curtis Wong, MD

Crepey neck skin

+1

There of lots of problems that can occur in the neck.  Common complaint include:

• Crepey skin
  • Platysmal "neck" bands
  • Sagging skin
  • Extra Fat
  • Sagging salivary glands

The exact treatment that is recommended depends on what combination of these bothers you about your neck. If crepey skin is your problem, you may be able to get a great result with Lux1540 laser treatment.  Three treatments spaced apart by 1 month are recommended.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Help for a "crepey" neck.

+1

Thanks for the question.  Based on your question and description it sounds like a neck lift may or may not be the right answer.  A "non" surgical option that you might want to consider is Venus Freeze.  This is a magnetic heat therapy that can be very effective at tightening skin.  It was recently highlighted on the Doctors television program.  It certainly won't tighten skin like a neck-lift can be again, in the right circumstance it can be very effective.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Help for crepey and ineslastic neck skin

+1

Peels carefully performed combined with fractional laser therapy are a reasonable solution for the problem you have described.  These can be supplemented by good skin care which will provide benefits over the long term.

John Q. Cook, MD

Treatment of Crepey Neck Skin

+1

Given that you describe a lack of neck sagging, I would not recommend a neck lift but rather non-surgical approaches.

You may be a candidate for Ultherapy to the neck combined with fractional laser treatments. Of course, the evaluation in person will answer many questions. The combination of these 2 treatments can provide best improvements; at the same time risks of scarring of the neck skin are limited.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crepy Neck Skin Does Well with several TCA Peels and IPL treatments.

+1

A series of IPL treatments and 20-35%TCA peels done together at 3-4 week intervals will improve most crepy sun damaged necks. Cost is roughly $3500-4500 for a series of 5 sessions. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Peels for neck skin that is wrinkly.

+1

Peels for neck skin that is wrinkly is the only way to do this. However, they MUST be done by an experienced surgeon since the skin of the neck is very unforgiving and can scar if not properly done.