What works best for getting rid of wrinkled cheeks and eye hollows?

I am confused on what's really best for getting rid of cheek wrinkles . I also have under eye hollows that need some help. 10 years ago I had a neck lift and don't want to go that invasive route again. I recently had Dysport injected in my forehead and 1 vial of Restylane in my "marionette" lines, which didn't do much. I'm 59 years old and used to look young for my age, now I feel like I look 100!

+2
It is difficult to give you accurate advice without a photo or two to see your anatomy and concerns. However, with a previous neck lift (usually helps lift the lower cheeks/jowls as well) the likely result is descent of your mid-cheek tissue causing the hollowing under the eyes and possibly the wrinkles as well.

If you do not want surgical intervention, I have found that cheek fillers are a nice minimally invasive way to add volume in the upper cheek and tear trough area. I have been using Voluma with excellent results and it should last up to two years. 

If the wrinkles are more superficial, a good skin care regimen with possible peels or microneedling are office procedures with minimal down time that really help the surface texture.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Minimal Treatment of Wrinkled Cheeks and Eye Hollows

+2
The most effective way to correct wrinkled cheeks is with a facelift. A lower blepharoplasty with cheek lift is required to completely correct under eye hollows. However, if you really do not want surgery, then injection of a filler deep over the malar bone to fill and elevate the area is the next best way of correcting these problems. There are 2 fillers that are strong enough to do this. They are Radiesse and a new one, Juvederm Voluma. Placing these below the malar area restores the normal ogee curve of the cheek, reduces the wrinkles by lifting the cheek skin and fills the under eye hollow. I and many others have been doing this for some time. However, this is a relatively new procedure for most injectors If you choose this option, make sure your physician is an Expert Injector and has been doing this for some time and has significant experience. 

Minimally invasive facial aesthetics

+2
I would always start off the foundation of a good regimen of daily skincare. This consists of a Retin-A, moisturizer, any sunscreen SPF 30 or greater. Would be some type of chemical peel laser to help with the skin texture quality. Lastly, I would recommend that transfer an injection into the tear trough area. Consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons are recommended

This is completely variable and is 100% completely patient dependent.

+1
This is completely variable and is 100% completely patient dependent. Sometimes patients need surgical intervention, including eyelid surgery and face lifting procedures. This can be done with minimally invasive procedures such as lasers and injectables. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help direct you in the right pathway as to which way would be the best for you.

Bill Kortesis, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lower eyelid wrinkling and hollows

+1
Without seeing your pictures, it is hard to render a specific suggestion.  However, texture and wrinkling changes can be improved with a chemical peel or laser resurfacing.  Botox can help with some of wrinkling but won't address texture issues.  Dermal hyaluronic acid fillers (e.g., Belotero or Resylane) can help with hollow areas, but sometimes can appear over swollen as they attract fluid and can look blue if placed too close to the skin surface or if your eyelid skin is particularly thin.  Fortunately the hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed with an enzyme if the result is not optimal.  Good sun protection is important going forward.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon