Help for More Gut then Butt?

I was considering a TT, however I have what my family calls mo gut then but. In short my stomach is bigger then my behind. I am wondering if a BBL would help me more then a TT. I have some booty, but could uae some shapeing and some rounder hips.I have enough fat to graff and the BBL could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Any doctors in Houston?

Hi There,

Here are a couple links to the board certified doctors who are qualified to perform each procedure:

Brazilian Butt Lift
Tummy Tuck

Hopefully this helps!

Be careful What you Wish For

+2

Hi there-

First of all, please understand that without examining you it is impossible to ethically or responsibly make recommendations to you about your options, but generally speaking:

It sounds like you would probably need both procedures to achieve your ideal body contour, so the question becomes one of your priorities...

Based on your question, it sounds like your abdomen being excessive is a much greater problem than your butt being smaller than ideal. If this is the case, I would say you would be best off having an excellent tummy tuck, healing, then proceeding with refinement of the outcome via liposuction and fat grafting to your butt (a BBL).

It is important to understand that there are many things in Plastic Surgery that CAN be done, that some of us do not believe SHOULD be done...

In other words, while it may be possible to do a BBL and a Tummy Tuck on the same day at the same time, I would not recommend this course of action if your goal is to be safe and to have the very best outcome in both areas that you can (and I mean no disrespect to my colleagues who have differing opinions).

In my own personal experience, there is no doubt that that patients in whom we combined the procedures (usually because they wanted to save money and time), the outcome of the tummy tuck was not as outstanding as those my patients usually achieve, and the same was true of the buttocks outcome- it just never turned out as nice as patients who had their BBL in isolation (and followed my instructions after surgery).

So be careful- if surgeons know that what you want to hear is that your procedures can be combined, some will tell you that in order to get your business... But I do not believe it is what would be in your best interests. Your goal, and the overriding priority as you make all decisions, should be to be as safe as possible, and to get the very best outcome you can in both areas.

Brazilian Butt Lift can be combined with Tummy Tuck

+2

It is hard to tell whether you need a tummy tuck without pictures or an exam.  Assuming that you are a candidate for both procedures, it may be possible to combine the BBL with a tummy tuck.  It will depend on your health and risk factors.  You will need to consult with a plastic surgeon in order to determine if this is a good option for you.  I frequently combine a tummy tuck with Brazilian Butt Lift in my Atlanta surgery center.  I do warn my patients that operating on the front and back of the body in one day can make recovery a little tricky since you should not lay or sit on your enhanced buttocks for the first two weeks.  Many of my patients have managed the first week or two using a maternity pillow to position themselves on their sides.  I also want to point out that several of my patients who thought they needed a tummy tuck had great results with liposuction of the abdomen alone - it really depends how much of your "gut" is extra skin and how much your skin can contract after liposuction.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Two Stages

+1
Without photographs, I cannot tell exactly what is going on but certainly an abdominoplasty could help you.  Flattening the abdomen and pulling in the flanks will give the impression of a large butt without injecting fat.  If you are still dissatisfied then do fat injections at a 2nd surgery.  There would little difference in cost.
Best Wishes,
Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Help for more Gut than Butt!

+1

You can have a brazilian butt lift and an abdominoplasty at the same time. A brazilian butt lift consists of liposuction to the flanks and back and sometimes abdomen to improve the buttock contour and fat injections to enhance the shape and projection of the buttocks. If you have excess skin, stretch marks, or muscle weakness, the abdomen will not improve with liposuction alone, you will require an abdominoplasty for best results. The good news is that you can safely have both at the same time!

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Butt enhancement

+1

Tummy tuck can be done with a brazilian butt lift or  the buttock can be enhanced by dermis fat graft taken from the excess skin taken from the tummy tuck.