Solution For My Recessed Chin/Jaw? (photo)

I am 19 years old, had braces however my chin is now quite recessed and the skin on my chin is very tight when I close my mouth. Second side profile picture is what my jaw and chin look like when I push my jaw out.This is ideally what I would like to look like. What surgeries would you recommend to achieve a something like the second side profile? Also is there anything I can do in the meantime to perhaps improve it slightly, maybe see an orthodontist or get a small implant for the short term?

Solution For My Recessed Chin/Jaw?

A chin implant may be a suitable compromise for you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Chin Implant

Hi there. A “strong” and well-defined jaw and chin have traditionally been attractive physical traits. As such, some patients present with concerns about a weak or recessed chin.
A more aesthetic chin may be achieved by placement of a chin implant. Interestingly, a balanced chin improves overall facial appearance and may actually influence nasal projection.For example, a weak chin may increase the severity of an overprojected nose.
Good overall medical health, as well as realistic expectations, are necessary. It is also key to understand all aspects of the surgery and aftercare. A pleasing, balanced profile can be achieved by inserting an implant to augment a weak chin, resulting in improved facial harmony.
Hope this is helpful. Best wishes.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant for weak chin profile

Chin Implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are inserted thru a sub-mental incision under local anesthesia.