Ask a doctor

Solution For My Recessed Chin/Jaw? (photo)

I am 19 years old, had braces however my chin is now quite recessed and the skin on my chin is very tight when I close my mouth. Second side profile picture is what my jaw and chin look like when I push my jaw out.This is ideally what I would like to look like. What surgeries would you recommend to achieve a something like the second side profile? Also is there anything I can do in the meantime to perhaps improve it slightly, maybe see an orthodontist or get a small implant for the short term?

Doctor Answers 2

Solution For My Recessed Chin/Jaw?

A chin implant may be a suitable compromise for you.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Have a question? Ask a doctor

Chin implant for weak chin profile

Chin Implants come in a variety of sizes and shapes, are inserted thru a sub-mental incision under local anesthesia.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 60 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.