Can Anything Be Done to Help Downward Pointing Eyes? (photo)

My eyes are naturally a bit droopy, I'm 25 so its not excess skin or wrinkles. People often tell me I look tired or sad. I can't wear eyeliner because it just excentuates the downward shape. Can anything be done to lift the upper corners while still looking natural? I like having a round eye shape I just wish it was either more horizontal or slightly upward.

Downward Slanting Lower Eyelids

+1

Although the surgery to help with this may be more than would interest you, this can be done.  I do not recommend this in general, but I have fixed these things before.  You need an exam to verify what procedures would be needed.

Eyes

+1

If there is a problem it is hard to appreciate with the photographs. You have beautiful eyes and I would advise you to leave them alone

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Downward Pointing Eyes

+1

It may be a good idea for you to consult with a facial plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for closed canthoplasty. There is a procedure called MIOS that may be right for your situation. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Brow lift will not correct downward pointing eyes.

+1

Hi.

I think your eyes are very pretty.  The shape can be changed, but I would not do it.  Beauty comes in all sorts of shapes!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Small photos

+1

Although your photos are not ideal. Whe can tell that the lower lids are slightly droopy. This can be addressed in a variety of ways: sometimes by just changing the angle of the eyelids, and sometimes by adding a graft to inside the lower eyelid, to help elevate.

Many different subspecialties of surgeon can be helpful, but

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon, as we deal with eyelid reconstruction more than most other surgeons.  You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Downward slope to eyelids

+1

It was hard to enlarge your pictures when I looked at them.  I think that what bothers you is the downward slope of the eyelids rather than the brow position.  If you draw a line from the inner corner of the eye to the outer corner of your eye there is a downward slope.  A canthopexy procedure can help this to a degree without major disruption of the eyelid structures. if there is volume deficiency in the lateral upper cheek, a judicious volume enhancement would help to a degree.  I would counsel you to avoid anything too radical.

John Q. Cook, MD

Browlift to correct downward slant of eyes

+1

When the corners of the eye are slanting down there are 2 generally recommended solutions:

1. Lateral Canthoplasty- A procedure where the small ligament that attaches the eyelid to the bone of the orbit is repositioned. It is not my favorite as it can lengthen and distort the corner of the eye.
  2. Endoscopic BrowLift- My preferred method. Thru a very small incision endoscopic instruments are used to separate and reposition the outer part of the eyelid muscle so  it is angled up. It also reorients the skin lateral to the eye and the upper outer cheek to give a more global youthful effect

In your particular case I would also consider fat grafting to the upper cheek to imrpve the angle of your lower eyelid and improve the hollow under your eyes seen on the lateral picture. 

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Downward pointing eyes and sad tired look.

+1

Your brows are in good position and your lids have no aging signs. Your lids naturally slant slightly downward. LEAVE THEM ALONE--they are beautiful eyes and I would hate to see them messed up!