Need help deciding size and placement :) (photos)

I'm having trouble deciding on size and placement of my implants. I train fairly intensely with weights) 4-5 times a week and was wondering if the subfascial method would give me enough support? I don't want to go completely over. Also for size, I'm 5ft 8 (174cm) and 144 pounds (65kgs). I was thinking between 400 - 500cc round high profile as I'd like to be a full D - DD. (Currently around a small b/c) Please tell me your thoughts! Thank you :)

Implant volume and cup size

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 400 to 500 cc implants would not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. From your, photograph you have minimal ptosis and may benefit from a simultaneous lift. You may be a candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast aug

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I don't think that a 500 implant will actually fit, a 400 cc will help you with giving you volume and get you closer to the wish picture.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant selection

+1
I think that you have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.  It is impossible to say what is best without the exam.

How to choose size and placement of breast implants

+1
Thank you for your question and photographs.  From your photograph you appear to have very normal and natural appearing breast.

Personally I would encourage you to not consider implants larger than 400 cc as you have very pretty natural appearing breast shape and going larger than that might give you an unnatural too large a look.

I comes to placement opinions very greatly.  The submuscular location has many advantages including a reduce chance of capsular contraction and better coverage of the implant.  However as you know vigorous weight lifting does cause motion of the implant with contraction however I have treated bodybuilders and the submuscular location and a are happy with her result.

The subfascial approach is relatively new and popular among younger surgeons.  However many more experienced surgeons have not adopted the subfascial approach because of technical difficulties and an increased chance of bleeding

during surgery.The best thing free to do is to consult at least 1 or 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast surgery,and have an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Implant choice and placement

+1
In general, I think a subfascial approach is an excellent option and is likely to be a good choice for you.  

Regarding the size, from looking at your pictures I think that a 500cc implant will be too big.  The best way to work out the size is to see a plastic surgeon who can spend time working out which implant is likely to give you the results you are looking for.  If you choose a large implant the result will be less natural and you will be more likely to have other operations in the future.

Kind regards,

Dean

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Size and placement of breast implants

+1
Based on your photos, goals and exercise regimen, I think the sub fascial tecnique would be an excellent choice for you.  Exactly which profile of implant would depend on your chest measurements and examination in the office.  Find a plastic surgeon who can show you some examples that are similar to your anatomy and goals.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Need help deciding size and placement for breast augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures, I think that you are starting at a great “starting point” and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery. Also, based on your photographs, I would suggest the use of silicone gel breast implants placed in the sub muscular (dual plane) position.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or “D or DD cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
 The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.