Crooked Nose After 1 Week After Cartilage Graft and Rhinoplasty, Too Soon to Remove? (photo)

I just had my Rhinoplasy (augmentation with cartilage graft and goretex) for about a week now. Had my cast removed after 5 days it looked crooked! Most of the swelling is gone except for this big bump on the right side of my bridge.My left side profile looks different with my right side profile. My question is it possible to have the implant removed as soon as possible so I can regain my old nose back? Please tell me if it is just swelling or the implant was dislocated here are the pictures.

Crooked nose 1 week after rhinoplasty

+1

It is very soon after your procedure, and swelling will still be a factor. The swelling can potentially create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. I would recommend waiting and seeing how you heal. You should communicate any of these concerns with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

1 Week after Rhinoplasty and Crooked Nose

+1

The graft may have shifted, but an exam would be necessary to determine that.  You are very early, and swelling is playing a role.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Crooked bridge soon after rhinoplasty

+1

It is hard to know if the implant is the problem or if the swelling is the problem.  I would definitely discuss with your plastic surgeon.  IF the gortex is out of line, then it will be necessary to move it surgically.  Be patient, but be in communication with your surgeon.

Jay Calvert, MD