I'm Chosing Between 300cc or 350cc, Looking for a Natural Slope, Which is Best for Me? (photo)

I am a 22year old who is 125lbs at 5'6. My current bra size is a very small 34a.I would like to look proportioned, aiming at achieving an average c cup. Im chosing between 300cc n 345cc. My docter says that 345cc implant is slightly larger than my measurements. Im scared 300cc is too small, but i dont want to get 350cc and look top heavy. I am getting an antomical shape because having a natural slope is important to me.What in your medical opinion should i do?

Breast implant size question

+1

Your picture show breasts that are a bit wide in terms of nipple position and have a narrow breast base diameter. The implant chosen should  improve the space between you breast some. Sub-muscular implants are my preferred placement and I do not think a shaped implant creates a more natural slope. It does create more problems overall related to malposition and at 22 yo I would not use on you. In the Mentor brand a  300-325 cc moderate plus smooth round saline implant placed with an endoscopic trans axillary approach is what I would typically recommend to someone with your type of frame, Please see  several board certified doctors to make sure you are happy with the plan!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size-Is It C.Cs Or Diameter

+1

You hit the nail on the head when you said " I want to be proportioned". Don't get hung up on the number of cc.s. Breast diameter is more critical in determining size and that will determine the volume of a properly PROPORTIONED BREAST--and slope (teardrop shape).

Contoured prostheses can shift and be problematic.In my experience in over 30 yrs. I briefer smooth round prostheses, either silicone or saline as per patient's desires and remember smaller  is usually better because what's an asset at 22 may be a debit at 42.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

+1

First, I am not a big fan of anatomic implants because they can shift. Second without an exam it is very hard to say what implants would be best for you.  50 cc's is not a huge difference.

Choosing Breast Implant Size

+1

Without having the benefit of measurements, such as breast width and skin stretch, it appears that you have a petite frame  and so it may be difficult to get 350cc implants to fit under the muscle of your chest. I think you would look very proportional with a 325cc implant, but you need to trust your doctor to tell you the largest implant you can safely use. Computer imaging may help but you can just have a sizing session with real implants in a bra and between that and your measurements, you will have your answer.

Joseph Fata, MD

Breast Implant Size

+1

If you are choosing between 300 and 350, I would suggest the larger as many patients wish they went one size larger.  In our office, we have started using the VECTRA XT 3D imaging system which helps patients visualize what they will look like with different size implants.  Also, it may just be the angle of the camera, but your right breast looks slight smaller and you may want to have a slight larger implant on that side.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Implant Size

+1

There is not established size for an average c cup. I utilize a sizing system and computer imaging to determine the size and shape for an individual undergoing an augmentation. I think a visual understanding of the range of an outcome is helpful.

Jay M. Pensler, MD