What Will My Breasts Look Like After Implants Are Removed?

I have saline implants, over the muscle, I think about 375cc? I have had them about 8 years, I went from a small c to a large d. I want them out. My left breast has become hard, tight and painful. It also seems like the implant has shifted and is more rounded and appears larger then my right breast. I am terrified of what my breasts will look like after the surgery. I don't have insurance or the money to have this procedure done. I feel lost and depressed.

Removing implants

+1

It is difficult to predict what your breasts will look like after implant removal. It is even more difficult to say without an exam.

+1

We can't totally predict the results, but removing subglandulr saline implants is relatively easy and inexpensive and can generally be done with a local anesthesia, possibly with a light sedation. You can expect the appearance of the breasts to be relatively displeasing at first but this generally improves over about 6 weeks to look like a relatively normal breast. It really depends on the thickness of your natural breast tissue and the elastic properties of your skin.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD