Need a Breast Lift and Implants, But Don't Know What Size I Should Get? (photo)

Hi Im 23 years old, 5 7 in height and 140 lbs, mother of 4 year old. I want to have bigger and higher breasts and also more together, I want more cleavage..so Im planning on getting a lift with implants to fill the upper breast tissue and for them to be higher up. now im 34DD bra size but look like C. What size would you recommend so that I have big full breasts?

Implant size with a lift.

+1

Thanks for your question.  I think based on your photos you will need a full lift so that you can have a fuller higher breast position.  I think based on your photos and the photo you want to see yourself becoming you will need to be in the 350-450cc size.  I wouldn't be able to say for certain without actually examining you but that would be an educated guess based on your photos.  If I saw you in the office I would have you try on an implant sizing system so that we could zero in on the exact size.  I could then also determine, based on your exam, the exact type of implant shape that would be best for your body.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Choosing your implants for breast lift with simulataneous placemnt of breast implants

+1

Breast lift with simultaneous implant surgery can solve the problem that many women develop after having children or losing a significant amount of weight which is loss of upper pole fullness, combined with ptosis, or “sagginess”, of the breast.  The main difficulty with this operation has been achieving long term results – in other words, helping to prevent “bottoming out” of the implants and loss of the upper pole fullness that placement of the implants was designed to achieve.  This can be accomplished with development of a proper submuscular pocket to support the implant and is actually much more important than the size of the implant chosen.  The size of the implant you choose should be one that gives you the roundness and cleavage in the upper pole that you desire.  Before and after pictures for this surgery should be far enough out (several years) so that you can be assured your surgeon understands this important concept.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

What size implants for lift/aug

+1

Hi, from your pics it looks like you do need a mastopexy augmentation but thats all you can tell based on pictures. the way to determine what size implant will achieve what you have in mind, is to consult with a plastic surgeon who is able to show you several pictures of patients who had the same procedure done and the different sizes and shapes that were used in each patient, so you can have an idea based on their results.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you have selected the appropriate operation that will help you achieve your goals. Unfortunately, it is not possible for plastic surgeons to accurately predict exactly what breasts implant/profile will be necessary to  achieve your goals.

It will be very important for you to select a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience with breast limitation/mastopexy surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

Communication with your plastic surgeon will be one of the keys to achieving the results you are looking for. Unfortunately, the use of words such as “big full breasts” means different things to different people. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

In my practice I use goal pictures to communicate with patients.  With this technique patients are able to demonstrate what they are trying to achieve and what type of looks they do not like as well. 
I also use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Usually, the choice of breast implant size/profile is made intraoperatively (his and my practice).  This is done after use of a tailor tacking technique.Tailor tacking  is an important part of the mastopexy and mastopexy/augmentation procedure. It involves TEMPORARY  closure of the skin (for example with temporary skin staples)  to double check the amount of skin that is to be excised during the procedure. This maneuver is done to ensure that enough skin, but not too much, is removed. On the one hand, it is important that enough skin be removed to achieve the aesthetic breast lifting results the patient is looking for; on the other hand, is important not to move too much skin creating tension upon closure and potential wide scars.