Help I Have a Big Bump on my Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had a goretex rhinoplasty and after the cast has been removed 5 days post op, I think my nose looks crooked, and i have a very big bump on the bridge of my nose beside my right eye. Do you think it is just swelling or maybe the implant was dislocated? The rest of my nose is fine and not swelling anymore, so the bump is pretty obvious which is making my nose looked crooked. My nose is also terrible on the side view and it is very obvious that I had a nose job.

Bump on the nose after rhinoplasty

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not happy with the result of your surgery. It is still very soon after your surgery, and swelling is a factor. I would recommend communicating any immediate post-operative concerns to your surgeon, as they know the details of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your recovery. 

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Gortex implant 5 days post-op

Still very early after surgery. However, its possible that you have a deformity from the gortex implant. No way to say without seeing a picture. Feel free to send or post photos for a better evaluation.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Gortex implant for Rhinoplasty

Gortex tends to work well when placed under fairly thick skin to raise the bridge. Your sugeon is the best person to judge if the implant has moved and at five days post op it should be easy to reposition and secure in correct position.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

3252 Holiday Court
San Diego, CA 92037

Rinoplasty recovery

I would suggest seeing your surgeon as soon as possible. You either have extreme swelling in one area giving the illusion of your nose being crooked or it is possible that the goretex has shifted. Either way your surgeon is the best one to answer this question upon direct examination a proper diagnosis can be made. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

360 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Big Bump After Rhinoplasty

The cartilage and or goretex could have shifted or you could just have a tremendous amount of swelling that is asymmetric.  I would recommend followup with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Bump following rhinoplasty

There is a possibility that the Gore-Tex has moved and become crooked. It could even be bunched up. You are best to consult with your surgeon so that he or she can explain what you are seeing.  Was there anything else done to your nose other than just putting Gore-Tex in your nose? Was the tip altered? etc

David Ellis MD FRCSC Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

167 Sheppard Avenue, West
Toronto, ON M2N 1M9