HELP! Can I get back to my original nose shape after breaking it?

After stupid, stupid not paying attention in gym class, I got hit with a ball and broke my nose. I want to die now. I can't breathe and my nose healed horribly misshapen. I just want my old, straight, small perfect nose back. I've heard its impossible to get the shape of the original nose back after breaking it and hard to get my breathing fully back. Is this true? What if I bring in lots of pics of my old nose? Will that help the surgeons know what previously fit my face?

Getting old nose back after break

+1
Actually, it should be possible to get back to - or very closely to - your old nose. Pictures will help the surgeon. Reconstruction of the nose to resolve breathing issues will incorporate various techniques, such as "spreader grafts", "batten grafts", septal reconstruction and addressing the turbinates. Then using grafts and sutures with an open approach, the nose can be recontoured back to a more "normal" form.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

You can get your nose back :)

+1
Dear Prombom17,

Don't be too hard on yourself. People break their noses very often and this is one of the most commonly fractured bones in the human body.

Depending on the severity of the fracture a good rhinoplasty surgeon will evaluate your nose and then determine the best course of treatment for you. Based on the fact that you are noticing that your breathing has been effected as well we would wonder if you either dislocated or fractured your septum as well. Your septum is the middle wall between the two sides of your nose.

The good news is that in the hands of rhinoplasty specialists you should be able to get very close if not completely back to your original happy nose. 

Peyman Solieman, MD