Need Help Asap Figuring out if I Need 210 Cc Low Profile or 240 Cc Low Profile? (photo)

I currently am a B cup with sag. I have surgery next week and am deciding between 210cc low profile silicone and 240 low. I really don't want to be too big, I just want to have much more volume in my upper pole. Since my breast width is 12.2, would the 210's that are 11.2 be enough to create volume or do I need 240 that are 11.7? Implants will be combined with a lollipop lift. I'm active, want to rock climb BUT I also want to look good in a bikini. Will 210cc fill my upper pole? I'm 5'3, 109 lb

Hope your surgery did what you expected it to!

+1

By now, you've already had your procedure.  Hopefully you were able to discuss your concerns with your doctor but in reality, the differences in dimensions were minimal and would be difficult to appreciate if you had use one size on one side and the other size on your the other side.  Probably what is most important is the effect the lift gave to your breasts.  Hoping all is healing well at this point and I encourage you to talk to your surgeon if you're having any concerns about how things are healing.

Implant Size to Fit Chest Wall

+1

After reading the posts, I would recommend going with the implant that best fits your chest wall.  However, there is very little difference in size.

Implant size

+1

There is only a small size difference between the two implants, and I think both are reasonable and quite conservative sizes.  If you are comfortable with your surgeon's judgement, you may even just leave it to him or her to make the decision during surgery.  There is truly not much difference between the two.  Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Lift more important than implant size or profile

+1

You are focusing on implant size when your biggest problem is your breasts are drooping.  The lollipop lift will not create upper pole fullness and will leave ugly vertical scars.  The best technique for you is called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness and projection, reposition them higher and more medial to increase your cleavage.  If you want a larger size then an implant can be placed at the same time.  You do not state your bra size but if you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant size how many cc's to coose

+1
The actual size of a breast implant, measured in cc's, is really not very descriptive of what a breast augmentation will look like, or what the cup size will be. It is all relative to the size of the breast and the size of the patient preoperatively. A tall, broad-shouldered patient with small A-cup breasts may require 450cc implants to achieve a C-cup breast volume postoperatively, while a shorter patient with medium B-cup breasts may only need a 250cc implant to achieve a C-cup breast volume.
If a natural appearance is the goal, then the way to get the size right is to 'try out' different implant volumes and profiles in the operating room. Once the implant pockets have been created, sterile sizers can be placed in the implant pockets, and the upper half of the O.R. table raised so that the resulting breast appearance can be assessed with the patient in an upright 'sitting' position (chest fully upright) while under anesthesia. These sizers are available not only for each implant size but also for each implant profile: low, moderate and high 
 By using breast implant sizers intra-operatively to determine exactly what breast implant profile and volume produces the best breast appearance in the O.R., patients can be provided with the closest possible approximation of their preoperative goals, and can be assured of a natural-appearing result.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

+1

An exam would help or better pictures would help but based on the information you have given I think an implant in the 240 or 250 range would be better. You do appear to have glandular ptosis with at least mild nipple ptosis and the lollipop lift is a good idea! Good Luck and please seek out a board certified surgeon.

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Need Help Asap Figuring out if I Need 210 Cc Low Profile or 240 Cc Low Profile?

+1

Helping ADSAP over the internet very hard. I believe you need a larger implant and NOT the low profile. Think in 300 cc range. 

30cc is not enough to stress over:)

+1

I promise you that 30 cc won't be anything you notice after surgery--it's just such a small volume.  If you want upper pole fullness, then choose the implant with the wider base width.  Better yet, see if you can find a surgeon who uses Vectra 3D imaging--you'll be able to see your "after" photo before your surgery!  The Vectra 3D imaging system lets you "try on" different implants and see the results during your consultation.  Best wishes!

Carmen Kavali, MD

Implants

+1

The implants are for upper pole fullness and are small enough to allow a full lollipop lift which is needed

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Implant sizing with breast lift surgery

+1

I think either implant would work - if you're looking for more upper pole volume (which a breast lift does not provide) then I would go with the larger diameter implant. 

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS