Arm Lift or Laser Liposuction?

i have light stretch marks on front of my arms and when i pull the skin tight they dissapear im looking into laser lipo because i know it tightens the skin but my questions is am i going to need a arm lift and if so can the scar be placed in arm pit area

Arm lift vs arm liposuction

+1

It's impossible to answer that question without seeing photos of your arms, but generally speaking, liposuction will not tighten upper arm skin.  The only way to tighten loose upper arm skin is with an upper arm lift (brachioplasty), which usually leaves a scar on the inside of the arm from the armpit to the elbow.  The length of the scar will depend on how much loose skin you have.

I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your situation in detail and I wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift or Liposuction

+1

Without photos and physical examination, it would not be possible to give you a definitive answer.  If you have loose skin, then arm lift (brachioplasty) may be in order.  Otherwise, liposuction may be more appropriate.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Surgical skin tightening of arms is long lasting

+1

This is a great question that is often asked - from your description, the skin tightening that results from a surgical arm lift is foing to give the most improvement in your stretch marks and will be the most long lasting.  The toning of skin from laser lipo is akin to shrink wrap and limited in the extent of improvement.  As for the location of the incision, if you don't have alot of excess skin you may do well with an arm pit incision.  At the time of your consultation and examination, your plastic surgeon will be able to make recommendations for the best result with the least amount of downtime.  Good luck!

Vaishali Doolabh, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Arm Lift vs Lipo

+1

It is impossible to give any recommendations without photos and a formal physical exam.  If you have a lot of loose skin, then an arm lift may be needed.  However, if excess skin is really not the primary issues, lipo may be an option as well.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Arm Lift or Laser lipo?

+1

Without examining you, it is difficult to give you good advice.  The quality of the skin on the arm is very important when considering liposuction of the arm.  You have to be very careful not to create a larger problem with sagging skin.

Please visit with well experienced plastic surgeons to get the best advice for your situation.

Arm Liposuction

+1

There is no true evidence that Laser Liposuction tightens the skin to a point that it is clinically visible. Arm skin, especially when there are stretch marks, is just not going to improve with liposuction. In fact, liposuction of arms should be dealt with great caution as the chance of irregularity and laxity of skin exists. So beware of liposuction of the arm unless you have excellent skin quality. Arm lift (Brachioplasty) is often a better choice for arm recontouring. Its true limitations is the scar.

Sepehr Egrari, MD