11 Days Post Op After Mastoplexy No Implant, and Haven't Seen Any Boobs As Horrid As Mine. Is This Normal? (photo)

I know it is VERY early after surgery to make a judgement call, but this does not look like normal healing. Did the doctor do something wrong? Also my boobs use to be a large D and they are clearly much smaller. My doctor promises he didn't do a reduction but it seems he did. Is there any chance that this will heal to look like normal boobs? And how soon before I can get revision surgery? I prepared my self for horrible scarring, unevenness etc, but this seems especially horrid.

11 Day Post Mastopexy "Horrid Boobs" will Need Revision

+3

Thank you for your question and photos.

The right breast in particular the nipple areola looks unusual following a breast lift.

You are right to be concerned.

See the surgeon who did your surgery and point out the bizarre shape and location of the right nipple areola.

The surgeon should agree and be willing to do a revision, best at 6 months.

If the surgeon says there is no problem seek a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon experienced in Breast Surgery.

Your right breast seems off

+2
Your right breast areola shape, and the vertical scar position and direction seem unusual.  Pre-op pictures would helpful to better understand what was done.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast healing

+2

The breasts do look markedly different it would also h ave been helpful to see preo-op photos. Things will settle a bit, but you will probably need a revision.

Post op asymmetry

+1

Clearly you have an asymmetry. Without seeing preoperative photos it is hard to comment on how "expected" this might have been. You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Sometimes there are intraoperative or postoperative events that can explain certain outcomes. Fortunately however that are corrective things that can be done to improve things if the asymmetry persists. That usually is at a minimum of 6 months from the time of surgery. Regarding your concern with the size, reshaping the breast during the lift will sometimes change the appearance and perceived volume. Once the swelling goes down you will have a better idea. Hang in there.

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Concerns after Breast Lifting Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the stress you are experiencing after breast surgery. Yes, I would agree that the appearance of your breast do raise concerns, even 11 days out of surgery. Although some improvement of the appearance of the breasts may occur over the course of the next few months, it is very likely that revisionary surgery will be necessary to improve your outcome.

At this point,  continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon  and communicate your concerns as time goes on. When the time comes for revisionary breast surgery, it may behoove you to exercise caution in your decision-making…

Asymmetry after breast lift

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You do seem to have a significant amount of asymmetry after your surgery.  Your breasts will change with time but you likely will need a revision.  Wait at least three months. 

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

You will need revision and will look much better

+1

Your before picture would help to see the degree of ptosis you had. You are early post surgery and will continue to heal. There are few options for revision to give you better results. Please be patient and do not lose hope. It is fixable..

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy Revision

+1

It would be helpful if you post pre-op photos as well.  However,  to achieve the best result, you will need a revision at some point.  However, as they settle they will look somewhat better than they do now.  Yet, I would suggest revision with traditional mastopexy incisions (not just a vertical incision) to achieve an overall better shape to your breast.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

11 Days Post Op After Mastoplexy

+1

Seeing pre op photos would be helpful--were you reasonably even before surgery?

These are clearly uneven, but not unsalvageable. At some point the areola on the right can be revised and made more round. The relative excess tissue in the lower pole of the left breast can be resected. This will require an incision in the fold, but should restore symmetry. 

It may be tough, but try to hang in there until about 3 months so that the breast tissues will have recovered and a careful planned revision. Thank you for sharing these photos. 

Breast Lift Results at 10 Days

+1

Breast lift results will definitely change in the postoperative period, and you definitely have alot of swelling and bruising.  Though there will be some asymmetry following any breast lift, preoperative pictures may better inform.