Hello, is It Normal That my Invisalign Top Tray Doesn't Fit on my Front Teeth?

My top tray isn't fitting onto my teeth properly. Only the left side of my top tray fits, but my two front teeth and the right side don't. I'm on my second tray. I wore my first tray for three weeks.

My invisalign trays do not fit properly

+1

Your trays should definitely seat on your teeth.  There may be some small gaps in areas but in general they should fit.  If the first tray fit it is rare to not have the second one seat properly.  It may be due to inadequate wear of the aligner.  I would contact your dentist and have him check to make sure they are being inserted properly

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays should "mostly" fit

+1

Initially the trays won't fit perfectly, slight gaps can be normal.  If they fit perfectly, they would be passive and not move teeth at all, so slightly poor fitting trays is normal.  But drastically poor fits is not normal, so a visit to your provider is probably needed.

Web reference: http://www.bestSeattleDentist.com

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign trays shouls fit very well to work.

+1

An Invisilign aligner should fit very well in order to get the proper tooth movement.  When it no longer fits the way it was intended to, it doesn't put the proper forces on the teeth and will not work.

The major cause for this is inadequate time wearing the aligner.  The aligner must be worn at least 22 hours a day and will adapt very well to the teeth.  Without the proper wearing time, the aligners do not fit especially when advancing to the next aligner.

Another cause can be tight contact between the teeth.  This can be easily detected and adjusted by your dentist.

When treatment is well planned and the aligners are worn properly,  Invisilign treatment should work very well.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Aligner doesn't fit

+1

this really doesn't sound right...but rarely you get a "misprint" and the aligner is incorrect....check with your doctor..you may need to order a new one

Saint Louis Orthodontist