Hello, Is It Possible to Gain More Projection over the Next Few Months After the Muscle Has Relaxed More?

I am 5 foot 7 inches, 135 lbs. Breast augmentation 4 1/2 weeks ago. 375cc and 360cc under the muscle, mentor textured anatomical cohesive gel, moderate height and full height(due to breast assymetry).

Changing projection with time

+2

Usually at the time of surgery with the patient anesthetized or sedated the chest wall muscles are are quite relaxed and the surgeon has a pretty good view of the projection given by whatever implant has been chosen. By the time the patient reaches recovery room, often the tone has returned to the chest wall muscles pushing down on the implant and flattening and changing the breast contour. Over the course of several months and the precise amount of time various for patient to patient, the muscle again relaxes and attached to the presence of the implant and the projection increases. If the contour looked satisfactory during the surgical procedure almost always the contour will look good after the muscle relaxation occurs. Patience.

Best wishes

Breast shape after augmentation

+1

This is a great question.  For about a month after surgery the pectoralis muscle is tight and swollen which can give the breast a flatter appearance with more fullness along the top.  With massage and time the muscle will relax and the implant takes a more natural shape with fullness shifting to the base of the breast. The skin will also adapt over this time and will lose the tight appearance that occurs immediately after surgery.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel 

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

More Projection with Breast Implants

+1

With time, the breast implants will settle into the pocket and will change in shape.  I usually ask patients to wait until 6-8 months post op to see the final results of surgery before questioning their size / shape, etc.

Since you are only 4 1/2 weeks out of surgery, I would ask that you give  yourself time to heal and re-assess in 5-6 months.

Breast projection after augmentation

+1

The projection can sometimes be held back by the muscle for -4 months after an augmentation so there might still be changes ahead.  Be patient and stay close to your doctor.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Implants and more projection

+1

It is unlikely that you will see  more projection in a few months. You will more than likely see descent of the implants into the pocket and the shape look rounder.