Hello, Is It Possible to Gain More Projection over the Next Few Months After the Muscle Has Relaxed More?

I am 5 foot 7 inches, 135 lbs. Breast augmentation 4 1/2 weeks ago. 375cc and 360cc under the muscle, mentor textured anatomical cohesive gel, moderate height and full height(due to breast assymetry).

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Will I gain more projection with time?

+1

It takes about six months for the tissues to relax after implants have been placed under the chest wall muscle.  That's why patients tend to seem tight and high for quite some time.  As the tension of the muscle pushes on the implant it broadens the diameter.

As the muscle relaxes over time the diameter decreases and the implant begins to show full projection.  Some patients will relax sooner than others, it depends upon a variety of factors such as the laxity of the skin to start with, the thickness of the muscle to begin with and the size of the implant.  The muscle on your dominant side, which is often thicker, tends to make the implant on that side looks somewhat higher longer.

So to answer your question, yes it is possible to gain more projection because at 4 1/2 weeks you're still relatively early in the stretching process.  Unfortunately you won't know how much projection you'll gain for about six months.  It's certainly worth the wait because at 4 1/2 weeks there are still changes in your future that will be coming.

Web reference: http://www.atcosmetics.com/breast-augmentation/index.html

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape after augmentation

+1

This is a great question.  For about a month after surgery the pectoralis muscle is tight and swollen which can give the breast a flatter appearance with more fullness along the top.  With massage and time the muscle will relax and the implant takes a more natural shape with fullness shifting to the base of the breast. The skin will also adapt over this time and will lose the tight appearance that occurs immediately after surgery.  I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

More Projection with Breast Implants

+1

With time, the breast implants will settle into the pocket and will change in shape.  I usually ask patients to wait until 6-8 months post op to see the final results of surgery before questioning their size / shape, etc.

Since you are only 4 1/2 weeks out of surgery, I would ask that you give  yourself time to heal and re-assess in 5-6 months.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast projection after augmentation

+1

The projection can sometimes be held back by the muscle for -4 months after an augmentation so there might still be changes ahead.  Be patient and stay close to your doctor.

Implants and more projection

+1

It is unlikely that you will see  more projection in a few months. You will more than likely see descent of the implants into the pocket and the shape look rounder.

Changing projection with time

+1

Usually at the time of surgery with the patient anesthetized or sedated the chest wall muscles are are quite relaxed and the surgeon has a pretty good view of the projection given by whatever implant has been chosen. By the time the patient reaches recovery room, often the tone has returned to the chest wall muscles pushing down on the implant and flattening and changing the breast contour. Over the course of several months and the precise amount of time various for patient to patient, the muscle again relaxes and attached to the presence of the implant and the projection increases. If the contour looked satisfactory during the surgical procedure almost always the contour will look good after the muscle relaxation occurs. Patience.

Best wishes