Im 20 Years Old, Male, and Considering Forehead Reduction Surgery. What is the Process? (photo)

I've seen some websites for Bev Hills doctors that look good. I was wondering how much it would cost, and the whole planning process. My parent would cover the cost. Once we contact a doctor and decide what to do, is it as easy as flying over there and getting it done? Thanks! Sending pics to. I don't really know alot about this process other than what google has shown me, thanks for the help guys!

Consider Hair Transplants

+2

Personally, I would not consider a forehead reduction for you.  Clearly you have inherited a tendency for male pattern baldness.  Your hairline will continue to recede.  Look at some of the men on your mother's side of he family to get an idea of where you might be headed.  You would be better served considering a long term commitment to follicular unit hair transplantation.  You will probably need multiple procedures over the years to keep up with the receding hair line.  There are a couple of really good surgeons who specialize in this in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.  One of them is in Worcester.  If you call my office, we can give you his contact information.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Males Not Good Forehead Reduction Candidates

+2

You are not a candidate for forehead reduction surgery as almost no males ever are. With your unstable and receding hairline, you need to consider hair transplantation. Forehead reduction by skin excision requires a stable frontal hairline with good follicular density.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Forehead reduction in young man

+1

It looks like your hairline is receding and that may be due to male pattern baldness. I would suggest you consider hair transplants first  or no surgery at all at your age. However, if transplants are done with strip harvesting, a forehead reduction at a later date may be risky due to circulation changes. FUE may be the better way to harvest grafts if you are considering a later forehead reduction. If there are extenuating lifestyle circumstances, I would consider otherwise.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Receding male hairline

+1

Hair transplantation is the best option for you. As a young male you do not want scars on the forehead that cannot be reversed. You can get a smaller forehead with proper hair transplantation in the receding hairline. If you do not like the hair transplant, down the road you can always get a skin excision with forehead reduction. This way you have not burnt any bridges.

Regards

Dr. J

Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead reduction

+1

For forehead reduction you have several options depending on how much you want to lower the hairline.

1: Hair transplant

2: Incision infront of the hairline and advance the hair bearing scalp foreward, may advance one inch

3: incision infront of the hair line and lift the scalp all the way back then advance will give more advancement of the hair line.

if you want much advancement, then using a tissue expander in the scalp, after expansion can advance a lot.This is a two stage procedure