Hello, if Micro Fat Grafting is Used in the Temporal Area for Temporal Augmentation, Will the Fat Survive? Thanks.

Fat in temples

+1

When I first began teaching fat grafting in my lectures and fellowship I would tell the doctors if you want to convince yourself that fat grafting works inject the temples . It always remains there. Sometme to build out a sunken temple I inject under the temporalis muscle.

+1

Fat grafting is really unreliable no matter who performs the treatment IMHO.  Why use something unreliable when you can have Sculptra injected with reliable results that can last up to 2 years.  

Does fat grafting really work?

+1

Fat grafting really doses work if done correctly. I think that the temporal area is one of my favorite areas to fat graft because it helps restore a very youthful appearance. I agree that most people do not recognize how much a hollow temporal area adds to an aged appearance. The key is finding a qualified doctor that does the procedure correctly so that you will be happy with the results.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to temporal areas

+1

I find that the fat will last in the temporal area just fine. Doing so will round the face better eliminating an oval shape. When your face is round and fuller it gives you a more youthful appearance.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporal Fat Grafting - Definitely Worth Considering

+1

I am glad you asked this question as this area I feel is  under appreciated in the aging effect it has on your appearance and how easy it is to correct.

Micro Fat grafting to the  temples has been a great procedure in my hands and I recommend it to my patients that have temporal hollowing. It is a straight forward and easy procedure and I have not seen significant complications thus far. Sometimes more than one lipoinjection session is required. Patients also have an option for of the shelf fillers like Sculptra or Radiesse in this area as it seems to last longer than Jeuvederm or Restylane in this area.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Fat Grafting to Temples

+1

Micro fat grafting is a good technique to rejuvenate the hallow appearance of aging temples. I have been a srong advocate of fat grafting for over 25 years because it is a natural tissue and survival is usually reliable.  Fillers like Radiesse are an another alternative.

Fat Transfer to the Temples Can Provide Excellent Results

+1

The temples are often underappreciated when it comes to assessment of facial aging. Loss of volume in the temples makes the face appear more oval shaped and elongated, rather than youthful and heart-shaped.

Replacement of volume in the temples can be achieved with fat transfer or injectable fillers. In fat transfer, fat is harvested from the abdomen, thighs, flanks and buttocks by performing liposuction and this fat is then injected in the face. While only a percentage of the fat survives (usually 50-60%) this portion provides permanent correction to the injected areas. The surgery can be done quite comfortably under IV sedation. It is often done in conjunction with other surgeries, including facelifts, blepharoplasties and browlifts

Injectable fillers used most often in the temples include Sculptra, Radiesse, Perlane, and Juvederm Ultra Plus. Each of these procedures can be done in a matter of a few minutes in the office with topical numbing cream. The duration of the correction varies depending on which filler is used. 

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Temporal fat grating

+1

Fat grafting is a good technique to treat temple hollowing. A good portion of the fat will survive and provide permanent correction. I put it against the temporal bone, some surgeons will place it just under the skin.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Graft

+1

Micro fat grafting is technique dependant. Usually you should expect about 60% survival of fat graft. I the face the chances of survival is better because of better blood supply.