Do You Have to Be a Certain Height to Get the Best Result from a Tummy Tuck?

I'm 5 ft 0" 137lbs 3 births the last one c-section. most of my weight in the tummy area, (I look 6 months pregnant)butt and thighs. I love my curves (Hourglass figure) and I don't want to lose weight just tummy and maybe lipo on back. will I get Good results?

Height Does Not Determine Result for a Tummy Tuck

+4

A patients height will not affect the result from a tummy tuck. Weight is far more important. Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for evaluation. Good luck.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck can give you a curvaceous body even if you are short

+3

a curvaceous figure can be tailored with a tummy tuck and liposuction in short people.  It is usually easier to look good if you are tall but being short is not a contraindication for getting a tummy tuck.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Height does not matter

+2

The results from the tummy tuck do not depend on your height. The most important is to choose an experienced surgeon who can give you the results you are looking for. The surgeon will be able to sculpt you body to your height and weight proportions. Make sure to schedule an appointment for your consultation. The meeting with a surgeon gives you a chance to ask all the question about the full abdominoplasty with liposuction.

Gregory Turowski, MD, PhD

Separated Abdominal Muscles Add to Bulging

+2

Height does not affect the results. Most important is weight and the presence of abdominal muscle separation. After three pregnancies, I suspect that you have some separation of the abdominal muscle. The rectus muscles are usually next to each other, running down the abdominal wall. After, several pregnancies, these muscle can separate,  allowing  the abdominal contents to bulge between the muscles. During abdominoplasty, the muscles are sewn back together to prevent this bulging. This is one component of abdominoplasty that should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon prior to your surgery. 

K. Cary Canoun, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Results

+2

If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.  However, there really are no specific criteria for tummy tuck beyond being an appropriate surgical candidate and having appropriate medical clearance.  Every patient is different, so there is no rule or criteria that can be applied to all people.  It is up to the plastic surgeon to use his or her artistic eye and surgical skills to tailor the operation to the patient.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Weight, not height, is the important issue in tummy tuck results

+2

Height has nothing to do with the outcome of a tummy tuck. Weight is far the important issue. Everything else being equal, the closer to your ideal body weight that you can be, the better the result (as a range). Those who are far in excess of their ideal weight (which you are not) will have a marked compromise of their results.

You should seek an evaluation from a board certified plastic surgeon.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+2

No! You can get good results if you are a good candidate no matter what your height is! Go discuss your issues with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, sounds like you are a good candidate.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Height should not prevent a great tummy tuck

+2

Patients come in all shapes and sizes, some short and some taller. You can still expect a very good result from tummy tuck if abdominal laxity is holding you back. Consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area will help you sort out the potential.

peterejohnsonmd

No Height Requirements for Tummy Tuck

+2

There are no height for requirements for undergoing a tummy tuck.  No one can tell you with the information that you provided the result that you can anticipate.  You should have a consultation with a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon who can discuss the benefits and risks of a tummy tuck with you as well as the kind of result you might obtain.

John Whitt, MD

Communication is key

+2

The best thing for you to do is see a board-certified plastic surgeon and get a thorough consultation. There is certainly no minimum height or weight requirement. Tummy tucks and lipo deal with contouring the body frame, not with making you lose weight. If you do not feel your weight is appropriate for your height and can optimize your diet and exercise, do so before you have surgery. Tummy tucks are good for addressing excess skin and lipo is good for addressing bulginess from localized subcutaneous fat. Communication about your problem areas and goals is essential, and a skilled, experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon is your best resource for information to help you make a decision.

Tim A. Sayed, MD, FACS
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon