3 Months PO, tip still swollen and some bruising. Is this normal?

It's been three months since my rhinoplasty and my nose tip looks kinda swollen or round still. Also my nose peels like I have a sunburn still and I have some dark areas under my eyes that look like a bruise. Are all these things normal?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

3 months post-op, tip still swollen and some bruising. Is this normal?

+1

It is not abnormal to have residual swelling in the nasal tip 3 months after rhinoplasty. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

Swelling three months after rhinoplasty

+1

Every patient is a little different but is not at all unusual to still have what you are experiencing three months after surgery. In fact, some patients continue to improve for 12 months or longer. The dark areas can be due to hemosiderin deposits, (pigment from the original bruises). This can take months to get better. It is important to use sun block during that time since sun exposure can make the dark areas last longer.

Brookline Plastic Surgeon