Heavy Wrist Cover Up Tattoo Removal? (photo)

Hi, probably i have the worst cover up ever… It’s on my wrist. Under the “heart” is some of red, blue and black ink… It’s about 3 -1 month old (It was process…). It’s the part of my tattoo I hate the most, it’s also the most heavy and black… I'm pale skin. Can this be removed or lighten for cover up? Will colors under the black live me a scar? I also wanted to know which laser ND:YAG or ruby TattooStar would be better for it? They are the only options in my area…

Laser tattoo removal of black ink on the wrist for pale skin, minimize scarring

+1

Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with a cover up tattoo.

Based solely on the picture, it will take approximately 12-15 treatments to adequately remove your tattoo. I recommend a Nd:YAG laser with nanosecond pulse technology or quicker.  This treats the pigment with less risk of scarring or depigmentation of the surrounding skin. The RevLite Laser is an excellent laser for tattoo removal.

Treatments should be spaced out every 4-8 weeks.

See a credentialed medical professional in your area for a full evaluation. I hope this helps.

Can My Tattoo Be Removed?

+1

Hi NH.  Yes you are a candidate for tattoo removal.  Because the tattoo is very dark and a cover up, it will likely take between 10-15 visits with a q-switched Nd:Yg laser.  The Ruby laser would not work as fast as the Nd:Yg for darker colors.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD