Would a Heavy Women Need to Loose Weight Before Getting a Breast Lift? if Yes How Much Weight Should She Loose?

I am 311 lbs, how much weight do I have to loose before I get a breast lift. I am 5"9, thick build.

Breast Lift on Heavy Patients

+3

Both for safety reasons and for good results, I would want to see your BMI at 30 or less.  With your heaght of 5'9" that means a weight at or below 210#.

Breast lift and obesity

+3

A breast lift on someone who is significantly overweight will have a significantly higher risk of complications, not to mention a predictably unsatisfactory aesthetic outcome.  If you have been unable to lose weight, have a conversation with your primary care physician about getting a referral to a bariatric surgeon.  Lose the weight first, then seek a plastic surgeon to address the breast sag and the other issues that will likely come about after the significant weight loss you will have.

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Losing Weight Prior To Surgery

+2

Yes, it is in your best interest to lose as much weight as possible to be safe during surgery as well as being able to get the best results.  Although I cannot give you a specific amount of weight to lose, I would suggest being at your lowest weight and being stable at that weight for some months prior to having surgery.

It may also be helpful to seek help regarding the weight loss.

Good Luck!

Breast Lift and Weight

+2

Breast Lift is done to tighten and raise the position of the breast.  If there is a great deal of extra fatty tissue present, it is hard to obtain a good result.  Also, it is higher risk for healing complications and problems with blood supply to the tissue. 

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon