Heavy Lifting After BA?

I am a Paramedic, I have to lift, stretchers, equipment and patients. I am planning on taking off 2 weeks. Will this be enough?

Heavy lifting after breast augmentation

+1

Everyone heals at different rates, but I typically recommend waiting between 3-4 weeks before resuming heaving lifting.  Starting off slowly and listening to your body is also important.  You can risk complications such as encapsulating if you try to do too much before your body is ready which can then create an entirely different situation that you have to address.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Heavy lifting after BA

+1

You should wait at least three weeks before doing any heavy lifting.  If you have shaped silicone gel implants placed, you should wait six months before resuming heavy chest exercises (I.e. bench press, push ups, fly's, etc)

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Heavy lifting post aug

+1

I usually tell my patients to wait a minimum of 3 weeks before doing any really heavy lifting.every doctor has different ideas and there is no right or wrong answer.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Avoid heavy lifting for 12 weeks

+1

While there is no hard and fast rule for heaving listing post breast augmentation, I encourage all my patients to avoid heaving lifting for a minimum of 12 weeks. This is a precautious measure but ensures there is minimal risk of complicating the BA.

James Southwell-Keely, MD
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks may not be enough convalescence for paramedic after breast augmentation.

+1

I don't permit my patients to engage in any activities where there is vigorous use of the arms or contacted the breasts for four weeks after breast augmentation.

Almost 3 weeks after BA surgery is more than enough to come back to work

+1

after  3 week later you would do again your same job as  usually perhaps with an spetial elastic compressive garment, unless you would need  a breast lifting  this  surelly will take almost a month later

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

When can I resume heavy lifting?

+1

Every doctor has his/her own protocol for resuming strenuous activity.  For me, I tell patients that they need to wait for three weeks following surgery to get back to the gym or do anything that works up a sweat or increases their blood pressure.  If implants are placed under the muscle, their breasts will probably still be tight even after three weeks.  If you can shift your duties to something less strenuous for awhile, that would be good.  I tell my patients to use common sense.  If you are doing something that hurts, DON'T DO IT!  Either that or get some help.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Lifting Restrictions After Breast Augmentation

+1

I personally recommend for weeks to six weeks of no significant lifting. This is easier if you have an administrative job versus a job that is physically demanding. Two weeks may not be enough in your line of work. Please visit with your plastic surgeon as to his or her recommendation on the lifting after surgery.

Good luck.

Dr. ES.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Vigorous job and return to work after a breast augmentation

+1

This is always a tough decision.  Extremely vigorous activities and heavy lifting can lead to complications after a breast augmentation.  The ideal situation would be for you to be on light duty for 3 - 4 weeks after surgery.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource to guide you and manage your recovery.  

Heavy lifting after breast augmentation

+1

As others have said, I would advise you to discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon.  Each surgeon will have a different post-operative regimen based on his/her preferences and your (the patient) unique situation.  In other words, if the implant is above the muscle, you may be able to return to full duty sooner; however, if it is below the muscle, it may be several weeks before you can return to full duty.  Additionally, there may be unique issues related to you alone -- your overall health and medical status, issues during your surgery, etc.  I would urge you to discuss these questions and issues with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon