Alternative to Blepharoplasty for Heavy Eyelids?

Both my father and grandmother have this problem as well. I am only 33 years old and am not ready to go 'under the knife.' Is there an alternative to blepharoplasty? Please help!

Don't be afraid of eyelid surgery.

+2

Dear 33

Having said that there are options for the heavy eyebrow. Look at my website regarding microdroplet BOTOX: http://www.lidlift.com/botox/

This treatment elevates the eyebrows with a very natural look. Will this be enough? This can only be answered with a personal consultation.

An alternative to blepharoplasty is an endoscopic forehead lift.

Non-Surgical Blepharoplasty

+1

Great question!  There are multiple aspects to brow and lid aesthetics.  Certainly, surgery is a valid option but there are other great non-surgical ones. 

The most common in my practice is the use of Botox to alter the resting postion of the tail of the brow.  Most patients love this effect and there is little risk involved.  Filler can also be used to inprove both the position of the brow as well as the eyelid.  This is a more difficult technique, so make sure you pick someone with experience.  Finally, there is Ulthera, an ultrasound based procedure that lifts and tightens the soft tissue of the brow.  Results can be quite impressive.

The place to start is with someone that has the ability to offer all the different options.  Generally there are trade-offs with the non-surgical treatments.  A frank discussion about what you want to achieve and what you can compromise on will give you the best results.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are alternatives for Blepharoplasty

+1

As the other physicians have mentioned BOTOX can give a minimal browlift, usually not more then 2mm or so. A traditional endoscopic browlift is an option. Also make sure you do not have any other medical conditions that could be causing you to have excess edema around the eyelids, such as allergies, and finally getting plenty of rest probably helps. Good luck.

Non-surgical eyelift with Botox

+1

Believe it or not, it is possible to get a "chemical browlift" or eyelift with Botox injections. By placing Botox in the frown and upper crows feet areas, we are able to weaken the downward forces which cause drooping and heaviness of the eyebrows and upper lids. You will see the benefit of the Botox within 3 to 7 days after treatment, and the effect will last for 3 months. You can repeat the Botox treatments four times a year to maintain your rejuvination and "buy time" until you are ready for a more permanent surgical solution.

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

Only way to improve heavy lids is through blepharoplasty surgery.

+1

Hi 33- Unfortunately there are currently no nonsurgical options in regards to eyelid surgery. The only way to improve heavy lids is through blepharoplasty surgery.