Will I look heavier with larger breasts (breast implants)? (photos)

I'm between 5'6/ 5'7 in height and weigh between 160 to 165. I have large hips, butt and legs. My arms are long and skinny. I don't want to look top heavy or fat with breast implants.

Deciding how you will look in Breast Implants

+2
The best way to visualize yourself with breast implants is using the VECTRA 3D imaging system.  For our breast implant consultations, we use the VECTRA system to help patients see what different size and shape implants will look like on their own body in 3D.  The system has the exact measurements from the manufacturers - including the Sientra anatomic implants.  The software will show you what you could look like with clothes on or without out, so you will have a good idea of what implant the implants will make.  

Good Luck.

Figure balance

+2
Figure balance is a personal aeshtetic - thus no right or wrong answer.  Patients who choose implants that bring them to an ideal figure balance do not feel as though the implants make them look heavy.  Your ideal figure balance is soomething you will want to think about prior to your consultation and discuss with your surgeon.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Dube large breast implants make you look heavier?

+2
Thank you for your question.  Based on your photograph you appear to be a good candidate for breast augmentation and should have a nice result.

I do agree that very large breast implants can make you look heavier.  Please choose a board certified plastic surgeon who you trust and have good rapport with and undergo a breast implant sizing system evaluation.  During that examination breast implant sizes of various sizes will be placed into a non-padded bra and you can look in the mirror to see how you will look.

For more information on how to choose breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Will I look heavier with larger breasts (breast implants)?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. Show your plastic surgeon what you would consider a “proportionate” look between the upper and lower body. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "top heavy" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Avoid large implants

+1
Large implants make people look heavier, especially if they are low.Just as important as implant, is the position of the chest wall.If your breasts are drooping, I recommend a simultaneous lift.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1
You need to consult in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with elite credentials in breast augmentation.  Once the surgeon has assessed you he or she will make their recommendation as to the type and size of implants they would use based on your body and the result you are looking to achieve.  Implants do not tend to make patients look heavier if they are proportioned to the rest of the body.  Trying on sizers or the use of digital imaging is a helpful visual aid for patients when it comes to sizing. 

Frank Lista, MD

Will breast implants make me look heavy

+1
Thank you for your question.  The best approach for breast augmentation is to select implants that are proportionate for the rest of your body.  This can bring your hips and lower body into better balance.  If overly large implants are used, this can make some women look heavy or matronly, which we would certainly hope to avoid.  However, using a three dimensional approach to implant selection and with careful planning, this can typically be avoided.

This should be discussed with your plastic surgeon during your consultation.  An implant can be selected with improves the balance of your body but avoids making you look or feel heavy.

Best of luck with your breasts.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Good results...

+1
Thank you for your photos and question. You seem to be a good candidate for implant based breast augmentation. The key is to choose right size implants. This will dictate wheather you look proportional or top heavy. It's best to get a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Will you look heavier with breast implants ?

+1
usually clients will not look heavier from breast implants, unless you start out with very large breasts.  your breast will look and actually be larger and heavier with implants, as that is what breast implants do.  There is a certain subset of clients who want to be as large as possible, and they need to be counselled very extensively about the problems that can result from this.

William Jervis, Jr., MD
Pleasanton Plastic Surgeon

Body image after augmentation

+1
It all depends in how large the implants are.  The photos were not helpful. Whenever someone selects a large implant and has sagging breasts, there is the potential for appearing heavier rather than curvaceous. This is why dialogue with your plastic surgeon as to the size and shape is so important.

Robert L. Kraft, MD