I Have Heard Xeomin Has Come out with a Cream, Anyone Used It?

I heard that there is now a cream made by Xeomin that can be applied & left on the skin for 30 minutes, then when its rinsed off it is like you have had Botox. Has anyone tried this on patients in their office? I have used Botox, but would much prefer this route, of course. The reviews on here all talk about Xeomin as an injectable. Does the cream have a different name? Any info would be appreciated. :)

Is There a Xeomin Cream?

+4

Hi,

Currently the company that is doing clinical trials for a topical Botox is called Revance Pharmaceuticals.  So far their trials show that application around the crowsfeet has reduced wrinkles temporarily based on the amount used.  They have just entered phase 2 of clinical trials and are therefore awaiting FDA approval.  It is currently not available outside of the trials but will be an exciting addition when it is.

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Topical botox/xeomin/dysport treatment

+4

A lot of research has been put into finding a topical alternative to botox. Studies are testing it's use in a clinical setting on humans, but no products are yet FDA approved for use in the US.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/botox

Topical neurotoxins

+4

Studies have shown that botulinum toxin topical gel is effective in treating lateral canthal lines (crow’s feet). In one study, the gel was applied for 30 minutes under an occlusive dressing which was then removed. This treatment was repeated 4 weeks later. A significant reduction of crow’s feet wrinkles was observed when compared with placebo. After 8 weeks, improvement was seen in over 94% of patients treated. Botulinum toxin topical gels have not yet been approved for use in the United States. They are not likely to be as effective or replace injections with neurotoxins such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Xeomin Topical Cream

+3

Extensive clinical research has been conducted on the development of topical neuromodulators for the management of rhytids or wrinkles. To date there are no FDA-approved products available in the U.S.,  although this may change with time.

Kindest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Web reference: http://www.beverlyhillscosmeticsurgeon.com/botox-injections-beverly-hills.php

+3

The topical Botox cream has proven less effective than the injected neurotoxins as far as I am aware.  More testing and development but nothing on the market thus far.  

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

+3

As far as I know Xeomin is a copy of BOTOX both are injectables therapies. Xeomin will be released in early 2012. I hope it will cost less than BOTOX but who knows? 

? Botox ? Xeomin Cream to smooth wrinkles without injections

+3

There has been work in Europe on a topical cream containing a Botox-like muscle weakening wrinkle smoothing agent which would do away with the need to administer injections. The product has been greeted with great enthusiasm among Plastic surgeons / Dermatologist who reallize only a small fraction of women with wrinkles come in for Botox, Xeomin shots because most of us hate needles. But - sad to say - while the cream works SOMEWHAT it really does not come close to the wrinkle smoothing results of the Botox or Xeomin.

As I see it, once the cream is FDA approved (? 2013) it will be useful in very mild wrinkle cases and not effectively take away the need for the injections.

Peter Aldea

Topical Xeomin/Botox/Dysport not available in the U.S.

+3

There has been quite a lot of clinical research on the use of topical wrinkle relaxers but none are FDA-cleared for use in the U.S. Properly done injections should have almost no discomfort and the results are predictable.

Neurotoxin cream

+3

There is ongoing research with a topical neurotoxin which may help soften crow's feet based upon studies that I have seen. Based upon what I have seen it does not look like it will be as effective as the injectables.

The studies suggest a very minimal effect.

+3

Topical botulinum toxin agents will smooth the pores in the skin and makes a slight difference in the crows feet area but it is not substitute for treatment by injection.