Can TCA Peels Make You Age Faster?

I heard from a professional that TCA peels can actually make you age faster in the long run? Is this true I personally only do a 25% peel once to twice a year? I am 31 years old.

TCA peels slow down skin aging

+1

TCA peels slow down skin aging. They are designed to remove damaged skin and allow new more youthful skin to replace the damage. TCA peels are one of the easiest of all facial resurfacing procedures to undergo.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peels do NOT make you age faster.

+1

The more peels you do, generally the younger your skin looks.  TCA peels do not make you age faster.  Keep up your 25% TCA at least twice a yr and your friends will hate you forever.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

TCA peels make you age faster

+1

NO! What type of "professional" stated that? I assume a non physician. Peeling and their differing solutions are here to stay. No doubt about it. Go discuss with your doctor of choice.

From MIAMI DR. B

What "professional"?

+1

TCA is a great peel to improve the signs of photoaging. It also stimulates repair mechanisms that can repair damaged collagen, making you look younger, especially after a series of TCA peels.

I am unsure of what this person claims to be a "professional" or an expert about, but it certainly is not skin aging.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Why do peels get a bad rap?

+1

Peels always get a bad rap among people. We always tend to forget that they have been around for more than 3000 years. The Pharaos used them. We tend to think of lasers these days, but peels have been tried, tested and do work.

I always recommend regular peels, because I tell my patients that this is a way that the skin regenerates itself. You are conditioning your cells to always be active and an active cell is a healthy cell. It's like going to the gym to keep your muscles tone all the time.

The only way, I can think of a peel causing problems is that if improper sun protection is not practiced soon after application. Pigmentation can definitely occur and that can take a long time to resolve.

Dubai Dermatologist