I Heard That Nose Gets Bigger Hole Life. Will my Nose Get Bigger After Nose Job?

I heard that nose gets bigger hole life. I'm 18 and I'm going to have nose job. Will my nose get bigger after nose job while I will getting old?

Will Nose Get Bigger with Age?

+1

Your nose will not grow as you get older, but it will change. Gravity affects every part of our body as we age; your nose will sag with time.

Rhinoplasty and Nasal Growth

+1

Whle noses are purported to continue to grow throughout life, in reality they sag at the tip rather than actually grow. With rhinoplasty, the tip cartilages are usually stiffened and will probably never experience the typical sag that an unoperated nose would. This is a non-issue for you to be concerned about in considering having a rhinoplasty.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Nose growth

+1

Hi!

By the time that you are full grown,your nose will no longer keep
 growing. There is a possibility of the nasal tip to sag due to aging,
 however, a Rhinoplasty procedure can hinder the sagging due to the
 repositioning of cartilage. Besides that,I would not worry about your
 nose growing any longer, especially after going forth with the
 procedure.

Good Luck!

Dr. Sam Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Nose growing over time?

+1

Once you reached adult height, your nose doesn't usually grow anymore.  With age, the nasal tip may sag.

Will Nose Grow After Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Noses tend to droop down further as you age, which gives people the perception that it has elongated and grown. However, the reality is that your nose is essentially 'full grown' by your late teens. If your tip is reshaped as part of the rhinoplasty surgery it will probably secure the nose in a more stable position, which can limit the amount of drooping you would otherwise experience from the aging process. If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about this issue. Good luck with your surgery and healing process.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do noses get larger and larger over time?

+1

Noses do not keep growing, but as we age our tips tend to droop.  Rhinoplasty can slow or stop this trend because of scarring and cartilage repositioning.  So: your nose wont keep growing (assuming you have reached skeletal maturity); the tip may droop when you are old; rhinoplasty can keep the tip from drooping.

Daniel Greenwald, MD