I Hear That There Are Plastic Surgeons That Specialize in Revision Rhinoplasties. Where Are They?

How do you actually locate one that also focuses heavily on revision? I do not want to be mislead.

+3

If the plastic surgeon does a lot of rhinoplasties, he or she will do a lot of revisions.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty surgeons

+3

Every busy rhinoplasty surgeon has performed many revisions. Look for a facial plastic surgeon with extensive experience  Who has performed thousands a rhinoplasty surgeries. Look at their photo gallery, ratings, reviews and  board certifications and seek out 2-3 consultations

Revision rhinoplasties

+3

I've specialized in facial plastic surgery since 1988 and have done a lot of primary and revision rhinoplasties. Over the years the percentage of revision rhinoplasties has increased and become a greater and greater percentage of my overall number of rhinoplasties.  To become good at revision work takes years of experience, the ability to honestly critique your own work over time and some god given talent. I would suggest that you find plastic and/or facial plastic surgeons that have over 20 years of experience and perform a high volume of revision rhinoplasties. Look at photos and interview with at least 3 separate physicians. Go with the one who you feel is the most qualified. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Where are the revision rhinoplasty surgeons?

+2

Revision rhinoplasty can be a daunting procedure.  Start by researching board certified plastic surgeons.  Ask what the experience level is for revision nose work, and be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op revision rhinoplasty photos to give you an idea of the prospective surgeon's expertise.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty Experts

+2

I suggest you research in your geographic area surgeons board certified in facial plastic surgery or plastic surgery who emphasize special interest in rhinoplasty surgery.  Ask the surgeon to see before and after photos of prior surgeries.  Discuss with the surgeon the number of cases he does on a yearly basis.  Good Luck

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon