Help with Healing After Pixel Laser?

I'm on day 3 and although there is no pain, my skin is ultra tight and I look like a severe burn victim. Still extremely swollen and crazy reddish brown. I'm going on a fabulous vacation in 9 days and am terrified I will not be back to normal.

Is 9 days enough to heal after such a severe treatment? Is there anything I can do to help the healing process along? I started using Aquaphor with a couple of drops of vitamin E oil mixed in as of this morning.

Healing after Pixel

+1

It is normal to have crusting and flaking for 3 to 7 days after Pixel depending on the depth of penetration and the number of passes. The worse the "burn" now may lead to a better outcome in the future. BUT, if you are concerned, see your plastic surgeon. Make sure you go to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery so you can be offered all of the treatment options.

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Normal Healing After Pixel

+1

After treatment with Pixel, it is normal to have swelling and a reddish brown appearance for about 3 to 5 days after the treatment. Depending on how aggressive the Pixel was performed dictates how long this will last. I think Aquaphor is a good idea but I would hold off on the vitamin E as some can have allergic reactions to it. I would think this redness and swelling would be fully resolved or nearly so in 9 days. Hope you have a great vacation!

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon