Help with Healing After Pixel Laser?

I'm on day 3 and although there is no pain, my skin is ultra tight and I look like a severe burn victim. Still extremely swollen and crazy reddish brown. I'm going on a fabulous vacation in 9 days and am terrified I will not be back to normal.

Is 9 days enough to heal after such a severe treatment? Is there anything I can do to help the healing process along? I started using Aquaphor with a couple of drops of vitamin E oil mixed in as of this morning.

Healing after Pixel

It is normal to have crusting and flaking for 3 to 7 days after Pixel depending on the depth of penetration and the number of passes. The worse the "burn" now may lead to a better outcome in the future. BUT, if you are concerned, see your plastic surgeon. Make sure you go to a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery so you can be offered all of the treatment options.

Normal Healing After Pixel

After treatment with Pixel, it is normal to have swelling and a reddish brown appearance for about 3 to 5 days after the treatment. Depending on how aggressive the Pixel was performed dictates how long this will last. I think Aquaphor is a good idea but I would hold off on the vitamin E as some can have allergic reactions to it. I would think this redness and swelling would be fully resolved or nearly so in 9 days. Hope you have a great vacation!

Jonathan Sonne, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon