1 Month After BA the Incisions Under the Breast are Not Healing, What Else can I do?

I had augmentation as well as the mastopexy done Januray 13 2012. Everything is healing quite nicely accept...........under the breast. Under the left breast there is a small hole the size of about a half of an M&M and under the right breast there is a slit where the stitches come up the breast. I have done everything I have been told..wear my sports bra 24hrs a day.....wear gauze and use polysporn moderately. This is not healing and I know that they are desolvable stitches i am concerned.

See your surgeon

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice as it is difficult to give you advice without a physical examination. Best of luck.

Incision

+1
Unfortunately, without a complete history and physical exam and through pre operative photography there is not enough information to make an informed plan, please consult your surgeon or another local board certified plastic surgeon

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Wound healing problem after a mastopexy

+1

It appears that you have a suture knot that has become infected and worked its way to the surface.  This is what is causing the hole.  The suture needs to be removed.  Once removed the area will heal normally.   All that is required at this point is to have the sutures, which at this point are acting like a foreign body, removed and proper wound care.  If you develop an invasive infection then antibiotics are required.

Breast Augmentation/Lifting and “Hole”?

+1

“Small holes” under the breasts  do occur  occasionally after breast augmentation/mastopexy surgery.  Generally, these incision line  “holes” are small and superficial;  they go on to heal without further sequela.  however, they do cause some concern given that a breast implant is usually not too far away.

I would suggest close follow up with your plastic surgeon;   sometimes removal of a longer-lasting dissolvable stitch can expedite the healing process.

Wounds after breast surgery

+1

Even though it may take 2-3 months for the wound to heal, I would recommend returning to your plastic surgeon to see if a stitch needs to be removed to help the healing process.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Minor complications like this are best handled by your Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is hard to give you specific advice other than to stay in touch with your Plastic Surgeon and follow their advice. Incisions occassionally behave in an unexpected manner like this. Local care of the wound and occassionally some surgical intervention will usually lead to a normal outcome. It is still relatively early after your surgery so be patient and good luck.

Dr. Mosher

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy concerns

+1

WIthout examining you, it is hard to say what is going on.  I would follow your surgeon's instructions carefully.