Healing from a Quad Blepharoplasty?

Hi, I had a quad blepharoplasty seven days ago. While I understand that healling is different with each eye and may take up to a year for full results, the scar on my right eye doesn't seem to be healing right and is not as open as my left eye and has a weird ridging along the incision line.Any suggustions on how to improve or speed up recovery would be great. Thank you!

Early healing after blepharoplasty

+2

It's very normal to have swelling at 7 days after blepharoplasty, especially more noticeable if one side has a little swelling than the other side. As long as the swelling is gradually going down, you should be on the right track. It's a common reaction to notice the more swollen side and worry about not healing well. Every surgeon has his or her postop regimen. I suggest that you follow up with your surgeon regularly to monitor your recovery process.

Best Wishes,

Postoperative period

+2

It is quite possible that there is differential swelling between your two eyes at this point.  Unless there is a gaping wound at an incision line or signs of infection, I would strongly recommend that you be patient.  It can take weeks or even months for the results to settle down.  Best regards!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Seven days after blepharoplasty

+2

At seven days things are very new and they will take a few months for things to settle down and heal.  Give it some time.

Right Eye Not as Open as Left after Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery

+2

The wrinkling of the eyelid will likely improve over time.  That eyelid probably had more skin that needed to be removed, and closure on the side with greater laxity may produce wrinkling during closure.  As for one eye being smaller or larger than the other, the right and left sides of a person's face are different.  One eye aperture is different from the other.  Some differences are more pronounced.  This may have nothing to do with the surgery, but I cannot be for sure without before and after pictures.  Unfortunately, there are no ways to speed up the healing process. 

Blepharoplasty Healing

+1

It is hard to determine the true nature of your issue without a picture.  As you have stated the healing will take time and even though the same operation was done on each eye the healing can be very different. Only time will take care of the healing process.

Dr ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Healing after blepharoplasty

+1

At this early stage in recovery after your surgery, the two sides can look quite different. This may be related to asymmetrical swelling. Make sure you continue to follow up with your surgeon closely, and longer term results will be more clear at the one to two month mark.

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Take it easy and try to be patient

+1

It is very common for the two eyes to heal differently.  You may have an actual issue but it is amazing how helpful a few weeks of healing can be.  Do let your surgeon know about your concern.  They are in the best position to assess what is going on and what if anything should be done.