Healing Diet After Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction?

I have surgery scheduled in less than a week and would like to know what you suggest as a "healing diet" both before and after surgery in order to minimize swelling and heal incisions as quickly as possible. I am in my early 50's, average weight, in good health and have never smoked. My PS will be using a small amount of Lipo for contour, so I am also concerned with bruising.

Diet before surgery

Have a balanced diet before surgery. Don't short yourself on proper vitamins and minerals because you will increase complications. Reducing salt is a good thing as it prevents water absorbtion. Moderation is key

Healing Diet After Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction

There is no specific diet. However, you will want to eat a well balanced diet and hydrate properly. Multivitamins are also recommended.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Diet after surgery

I think a well balanced diet is essential. You  may also want to take a multivitamin daily or Vitamin C supplements.  Being well hydrated is also important. 

Recommended diet for healing breast reduction and abdominoplasty

Preoperatively, you should maintain a normal healthy diet.  A multivitamin daily is very reasonable.  I have my patients stay away from excessive vitamin/element supplementation.

Postoperatively, hydration is very important, as already pointed out, and working back up to a normal healthy diet is very reasonable.  Protein supplementation, nothing to excess, is very reasonable.  A multivitamin daily is important.  Because patients are  often on pain medications, a stool softener is a good idea as well.  If they are on antibiotics, oral probiotics are a good idea as well.  In this case, I do not suspect you will be on antibiotics postoperatively.  Best of luck to you.

Diet after Tummy Tuck and Breast Reduction?

There is no specific “recommended diet” for the post-tummy tuck patient. A well-balanced diet with high fiber and a good protein source would obviously be helpful. Adding a protein shake ( to each meal) if necessary may also be helpful especially if your appetite is curtailed ( which often happens during this period). Frequent hydration is also important.