Am I Healing Correctly of my Otoplasty? (photo)

I had otoplasty 3 weeks ago. Overall I am very pleased with the result. My ears look symmetrical and close to my head, yet completely natural. The thing that worries me, is the appearance of the back of my ears. There are still scabs on my ear and I can feel some stitches, 2 for each ear. I rarely have pain, but my 'scars' look bad, I include photo's (some are better than others) and would really like to know if this is normal healing for 3 weeks.

Healing after Otoplasty

+1

Hello F1996-

You appear to be healing well after your surgery. Continue to keep your incisions clean and enjoy your results.

"Normal" healing after an otoplasty

+1

I'm happy to hear of your overall satisfaction.  Your ear incisions, from your photos, appear to be healing normally but if you're worried, you should review this with your surgeon.  If you start developing more redness, pain, or discharge from your incisions, you do need to see your surgeon.

Otoplasty Incisions

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  Otoplasty incisions can sometimes take a while to heal.  I think your incisions will continue to improve over the next several weeks. 

Best Wishes

Dr. ES