Am I healing correctly after labiaplasty? (Photo)

Tomorrow makes 3 weeks post op, trim method via laser, and I don't feel that I am healing correctly??

Healing process and swelling after Labiaplasty

+1
Although your healing process may be a bit slow (your photo looks more like 2-21/2 weeks post-op), you appear to be healing well and I think your final results will be very satisfactory.  Remember, it takes ~ 1 month before all is sealed and you may return to full activities, but it takes a full 3-6 months before all has "re-arranged and softened" and you can truly assess the final results.

It is not uncommon for one side to be more swollen than the other, and for there to be considerable bruising and some adherant old clot to the surface.  The stitches frequently take 3-6 weeks to fall off. 

But of course, consult with your surgeon for your question.  (S)he knows you better than I!

Best Wishes,

Michael P. Goodman MD

Davis Cosmetic Gynecologist

Healing after labiaplasty

+1
You don't mention what your specific concerns are, however I do not see anything overly concerning from the one photograph you have provided.   Three weeks is still very early in the healing process. Bruising and swelling is to be expected.  My recommendation is to follow up with your surgeon to discuss your specific concerns. He or she can examine you and give you some reassurance. Best wishes!

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon