Will Nose Continue to Improve or is Healing Done a Year After Rhinoplasty?

I had a septo-rhinoplasty 1 year ago and my nose look asymmetrical and the skin doesn't feel like its tightened down completley, will the skin keep shrinking ? Also the left side looks wider so if i press down on it goes down then goes back to being wider, will my nose get better or is this the end result

Nose healing after rhinoplasty

+1

After a rhinoplasty, major changes will be immediately seen, but healing will continue to result in changes for 12-24 months.  From your photo, I would not expect much additional improvement after a year.  You need to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Healing done a year after rhinoplasty

+1

Easy answer is YES! But you need to re consult with your surgeon, because from the one photo it appears you will need a revisional rhinoplasty. sorry.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Rhinoplasty changes with time

+1

Most surgeons agree and consult their patients to wait a year for a final result.  However a nose will continue to change after that, but it is usually so subtle that other modifications will be hard to detect.  I also agree with the other comments that your areas of concern are noticeable, and likely too large to expect to go completely away with more time.  Whether it's persistent soft tissue, cartilage, or complications of healing, I think you need to discuss your concerns with your primary surgeon.  If you don't get the information you desire, consider another opinion.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing Nearly Complete One Year After Rhinoplasty

+1

Majority of the healing is nearly complete in one year after rhinoplasty. After that changes can happen even 10 years later but are not common.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.net

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Healing

+1

After about 1 year there is not much significant change what will happen.  We dont have a profile view but it appears that you may have some supratip deformity. 

At this point I would see your plastic surgeon or go to another board certified plastics surgeon for a consultation.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-nose-surgery-rhinoplasty-newport-beach.php

Healing More Than 1 year after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although most healing and maturation is complete by 1 year, I have seen "subtle" changes 15 to 20 yeas later. Looking at the picture you submitted, it appears you may need more than minor improvement. Talk to your surgeon and/or get a second opinion. 

Rhinoplasty changes over time

+1

My experience is that rhinoplasty results will change over time.  One see the greatest change in the first 3 months, but it will continue to change for up to a year.  I rarely will consider revisional surgery for patients that have had a previous rhinoplasty before 1 year unless the defects are dramatic.  I do not expect to see much change after a year.

Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results Continue to Evolve Over Years

+1

Hi M,

Your surgeon can best answer your question and concerns. Young, thick nasal skin may change over time. Rhinoplasty results continue to evolve for years following surgery. Best to compare photos over 6 month time periods to see if your rhinoplasty healing is heading in the right direction for you.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty healing tips

+1

Most primary rhinoplasties are fully healed at 1 year but the nose can continue to change slightly ( depending on the techniques that are used). It appears as though you have some problems with your nose including an inverted V deformity but its hard to be sure from this one photo. You should be seen in person by either your surgeon or another to be evaluated.