How Can I Heal This Wound Along the Insition Site? (photo)

I had my breast reduction on Aug15 and this wound started a lot smaller than it is now. It has just gotten bigger in the past 2 weeks. I have been cleaning it and putting an antibotic cream on it and keeping it covered like i was told. Also there seems to be a whole inside of the wound itself know. I live about an hour away from my surgens office and its not easy to just stop in when ever. So i would just like some idea of what i can do. Sorry about the pictures its the best i could do.

Concerns after Breast Reduction?

+1

Always  best to check with your own plastic surgeon about concerns after surgery. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful diagnosis, treatment recommendations, or reassurance.
Best wishes;  hopefully, you will be very pleased with the  long-term outcome of the breast reduction procedure.

Healing wound

+1

You should contact your surgeon and let him or her know what is happening. You need to be seen by the operating surgeon. I would continue doing what your surgeon suggests in the meantime. I would also use as little tape on the dressings as possible as this seems to be causing some skin irritation, or let your bra hold the dressings on to avoid the tape issues.

Victor Au, MD
Chapel Hill Plastic Surgeon