Best Way to Heal a Scar on Forehead?

Hi, I got into an accident about 8 months ago and it left a small (around 2-3cm) scar on my forehead, just below my hairline on the left side. It is still red/pink but it's been over 8 months. Is this normal ? Also, what is the best way to reduce the color or heal the scar ? I know that it won't completely disappear but if it was a little whiter I don't think anyone would notice. Thank you

Surgical subcision for correction of forehead scars

+1

The best treatment for this scar is likely scar revision surgery and/or fractional co2 laser for skin textural improvement. Some cases may require surgical subcision procedures. 

Forehead Scarring Healing Treatments

+1

To reduce the scar you can use silicone sheet's, steroids, or scar guard.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on forehead

+1

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to answer your question precisely without seeing the scar. But, generally speaking, scars take much longer to settle. It can take up to two years before you can judge the final outcome. There are several ways to improve the scar, silicone sheets, steroids, scar guard, etc are all described and effective techniques. The sooner you apply it to the scar the better the outcome. I wish you all the best.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD