How to Heal Faster From Breast Reduction?

I am going for a breast reduction surgery in a wek's time, and was wondering if there are any pointers on how to speed up recovery? Such as any food to stay away from etc. I have been eating healthy for the last month and bee trying to work out I know that will have to be on the back burner after surgery.

Healing After Breast Reduction

+1

The best thing you can do is maintain a healthy lifestyle, eat the right foods and get plenty of fluids and rest. Foods high in protein help wounds heal faster as well. Being patient throughout the healing process and focusing on a balanced diet will definitely help you heal faster!

The plastic surgeon will advise you how to prepare for breast reduction.

+1

There may be certain medications or even foods that your plastic surgeon prefers you not consume prior to breast reduction. Check this out with his office.

Good nutrition is always good for healing

+1

Maintaining a healthy diet before and after surgery will always be good for healing. Poor nutritional status has been associated with higher risks for suboptimal healing. If you maximize your nutritional status, the rest of the healing is up to the quality of your surgery and your genetics. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Gregory Park, MD

Diet Recommendations after Breast Reduction Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. A well-balanced diet before and after surgery  is all you can do, from the nutritional standpoint to enhance your healing. You may wish to use a protein shake with which each meal after surgery;  sometimes patient's  appetites are decreased for a variety of reasons after surgery. Focusing on good hydration will also be important.  Obviously, staying away from nicotine products of any kind and secondhand smoke will also be important.

Best wishes with your upcoming procedure;  hopefully you will be very pleased with  the outcome!